Riding with your dog?

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Was wondering how people manage their dogs while they ride. We have a Yorkie so it's not like she takes up a lot of room, but have not had her on the trails. She seems do pretty good on the roads in the neighborhood. We've been studying some options about her riding in the center of the front seat or even in a hiking pack specifically made for little dogs. It's a problem because we want to go for more than just day rides and don't like leaving her alone for very extended periods or having to deal with boarding her.

Just tossing it out there - I can't be the only one dealing with this.

Reactions: Jshell3
ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Was wondering how people manage their dogs while they ride. We have a Yorkie so it's not like she takes up a lot of room, but have not had her on the trails. She seems do pretty good on the roads in the neighborhood. We've been studying some options about her riding in the center of the front seat or even in a hiking pack specifically made for little dogs. It's a problem because we want to go for more than just day rides and don't like leaving her alone for very extended periods or having to deal with boarding her.

Just tossing it out there - I can't be the only one dealing with this.
20161023 094129

My dog loves his car seat I bought from Amazon

J

Jshell3

I love giving my lazy dogs a ride in the P5. We put a blanket across the seat because I don't want any toenails holes.
I have a yorkie and a beagle.
The yorkie is 100% lap dog and weighs a fraction of a pound. The beagle likes to keep 2 feet on the dash at all times! Haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Dp5hunter and sharp
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My dogs usually run behind me. They love to chase the rig. Lol

J

JTW

Throw them in the back and let them figure it out! After they chase the buggy for a few miles, they learn.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!