P1000m3 Right off the trailer.

Upstatefreedom

Upstatefreedom

May 25, 2016
Colton,New york
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So I got my new P1k3 last month. First short ride out back on the trailed was great. Just getting used to the dct. I traded in a ranger because I'm not a fan of cvt. (And Polaris). Anyway, after hitting the trails I went up the road. The trans did not want to shift out of 2nd. If I pushed it more 5-5500 rpm it might shift. Then the other gears Maugham do the same. If I used manual the shifted fine. Next night I found when engine cool it shifted fine. When at temp it would not. Checked fluids, grounds and connections. All were good. Even disconnected the battery for a day. After the third day and only about 12 miles on the odometer it stared shifting fine,cold and hot. I now have 105 miles and have not had the problem since then. 1st oil change looked good. Nothing on filters and oil was clean. I may have a little shudder when in 4 lo crawling over rocky terrain. But might just be the design? Just curious if anyone else had the same issue and if I should be concerned. I'm going to see. How it goes for a while during the warranty. Other than that I am in love with this beast of a sxs!!!!!!

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine never acted like you described new, but it definitely shifts smoother as I put more hours on it.

Upstatefreedom

Upstatefreedom

May 25, 2016
Colton,New york
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Mine never acted like you described new, but it definitely shifts smoother as I put more hours on it.
Oh yeah. For sure. Mine also got smoother and quieter as the hours and miles. The day after it started shifting correctly we went on a 65 mile ride. Had no problems at all. Was your impressed with the machine.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I got my new P1k3 last month. First short ride out back on the trailed was great. Just getting used to the dct. I traded in a ranger because I'm not a fan of cvt. (And Polaris). Anyway, after hitting the trails I went up the road. The trans did not want to shift out of 2nd. If I pushed it more 5-5500 rpm it might shift. Then the other gears Maugham do the same. If I used manual the shifted fine. Next night I found when engine cool it shifted fine. When at temp it would not. Checked fluids, grounds and connections. All were good. Even disconnected the battery for a day. After the third day and only about 12 miles on the odometer it stared shifting fine,cold and hot. I now have 105 miles and have not had the problem since then. 1st oil change looked good. Nothing on filters and oil was clean. I may have a little shudder when in 4 lo crawling over rocky terrain. But might just be the design? Just curious if anyone else had the same issue and if I should be concerned. I'm going to see. How it goes for a while during the warranty. Other than that I am in love with this beast of a sxs!!!!!!
If it didn't shift out of second you may have accidentally left it manual. Other that that everything sounds normal. It takes a second to get used to. But it smooths out over time.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh yeah. For sure. Mine also got smoother and quieter as the hours and miles. The day after it started shifting correctly we went on a 65 mile ride. Had no problems at all. Was your impressed with the machine.
That thing never ceases to impress me. They will crawl most anywhere. Very capable machine.

Reactions: Dasmoeturhead
Upstatefreedom

Upstatefreedom

May 25, 2016
Colton,New york
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If it didn't shift out of second you may have accidentally left it manual. Other that that everything sounds normal. It takes a second to get used to. But it smooths out over time.
i did make sure that was in auto. I even tried going to sport the auto. Indicator said auto. Maybe there was a hiccup with the indicator and it was in manual. Idk. Oh well. All is well now and it does shift smoother. I am way more excited about this machine than I was when I got my first sxs, which was the ranger 500.

Reactions: Tot and sharp
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

If you start experiencing shuddering on initial forward or revers movement AND RPM spikes from 2nd into 3rd gear and RPM spikes from 4th into 5th gear your starter clutch may be bad or going bad. When I say RPM spikes I mean 1500to 2000 more RPM jumps than when it goes into 2nd, 4th, & 6th gears. The few that have had issues had them in the first 300 miles or so of ownership.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!