SchmidtyRacing

SchmidtyRacing

Apr 10, 2019
Central California (for now!)
www.schmidtyracing.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I bought some Rigid side-light/blinker mirrors for my Talon, and was completely disappointed in the mounting clamp they provide. Wouldn't stay put no matter how tight you put them. (my bad for not reading the reviews regarding the mounts prior to buying!).. SO, I designed and made some real mounts that made the mirrors useable. I made 10 sets, since I figured I could just as well make a few extra while making my own.. They ditch the inner/ worthless composite claw clamp, and are made of 3/8" thick billet 6061. Just had to source some longer cage bolts, machine some spacers, and longer mirror bolts to go through the mounting plate into the mirror itself.. Very satisfied with the result.

IMG 03441

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I bought some Rigid side-light/blinker mirrors for my Talon, and was completely disappointed in the mounting clamp they provide. Wouldn't stay put no matter how tight you put them. (my bad for not reading the reviews regarding the mounts prior to buying!).. SO, I designed and made some real mounts that made the mirrors useable. I made 10 sets, since I figured I could just as well make a few extra while making my own.. They ditch the inner/ worthless composite claw clamp, and are made of 3/8" thick billet 6061. Just had to source some longer cage bolts, machine some spacers, and longer mirror bolts to go through the mounting plate into the mirror itself.. Very satisfied with the result.

View attachment 301150
Love the resourcefulness 👍😎

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!