P500 Roll cage repair after turning over

T

TN8S

Jan 5, 2017
Hollywood, SC
Ownership

1. 500
Well first time brand new 2017 P500 got laid down! Wish I had pics but forgot to take. Turned over on right side and the only minor damage was a few scrapes of the roll cage posts. Used some 0000 steel wool to lightly sand out scratches and used S100 Polisher then S100 detail wax to get rid of any visible scratches. Looks like it came off the showroom floor! I use S100 on my 1998 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic Anniversary and it looks brand new. A friend of mine at work told me about the stuff and while being skeptical tried it and dammit the stuff just works! Told my (skeptical) brother about it and he tried it on his motorcycle and he too is a convert. I believe this stuff is made in Germany and it seems everything the Germans make is usually very high quality. I'm just glad I got my new ride back to new only after riding it for a month! Lesson learned..............slow the HECK down at 35 MPH and trying to make a tight turn! Never again folks........NEVER!!

Reactions: AlR
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Well first time brand new 2017 P500 got laid down! Wish I had pics but forgot to take. Turned over on right side and the only minor damage was a few scrapes of the roll cage posts. Used some 0000 steel wool to lightly sand out scratches and used S100 Polisher then S100 detail wax to get rid of any visible scratches. Looks like it came off the showroom floor! I use S100 on my 1998 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic Anniversary and it looks brand new. A friend of mine at work told me about the stuff and while being skeptical tried it and dammit the stuff just works! Told my (skeptical) brother about it and he tried it on his motorcycle and he too is a convert. I believe this stuff is made in Germany and it seems everything the Germans make is usually very high quality. I'm just glad I got my new ride back to new only after riding it for a month! Lesson learned..............slow the HECK down at 35 MPH and trying to make a tight turn! Never again folks........NEVER!!
Oh hell!! You laid it over at that speed? Good thing that you're not hurt. You'll have it on its side again, just hopefully never again at that speed.

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
20160726 103947WHAT THE HELL ? YOU LAID IT OVER ON THE RH SIDE ?! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING ?

Reactions: TN8S
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Things like that happen unless you know the limitations of the P5 and it looks like you got to know the limitations early on.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!