KyGal83

KyGal83

Duchess Sheldon, Daisy, KGB, Natasha, SNS
Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
Note: Rambling write up- I will make adjustments when I sit down at the computer..

I purchased my P500 in March of 2021. I bought it used from an individual on Facebook Marketplace. I picked it up in Greenville, Tn. It had 73 miles and 13.6 hours on it.

Not long after I brought it home, I noticed it appeared to be leaning toward the passenger side. You can see it by looking at the roof line.

IMG 0928
IMG 5713

I tried to diagnose it myself, it was suggested as maybe shocks. Those seemed fine. I put a level on the floor of it, front bumper, and rear rack…. All perfectly level.

A couple of things were also off, that I thought might be the problem. Roof fit the frame different, Windshield did not quite line up with the roof, so we tried to adjust both of those, with no luck. They would not line up, and it still appeared tilted. So I finally chalked it up, to just an optical illusion.. but still felt like something was wrong.

Fast forward a little over a year, this winter Futzin and I took it to his basement shop; to add some upgrades, winch, Mudbusters, and a couple other things. One of the items required a rops clamp. It fit perfectly on one side, but noticed the drivers side ROP was shaped differently and the clamp would not fit.

So I compared my buggy and Futz’ Critter, I realized my roof roll cage had been incorrectly mounted on the frame at the dealership.

So these 2 pieces should assemble with the tubes from the frame and roll cage seated in alignment. A tab from the top roll cage and a tab coming up from the frame on each side of the tubes. Then a bolt thru each tab locking the frame and upper roll bar together. As in the 3rd picture here.

IMG 0931IMG 0932IMG 0933

Mine however, was bolted in this way… (Bolts are loose because I did not think to take pictures before we started loosing them.)

IMG 0905
IMG 0912IMG 0906

Basically the bottom bolt was just in the frame hole and not attached to the roll cage bar. The top bolt was only thru the tab of the frame and the bottom hole of the roll cage. Essentially this means it was being held together with one bolt. I am very thankful, I did not roll or turn over my P5 while this was incorrect. It would have done some damage as the misalignment created a very weak spot in my cage.

Here is how it looked after we corrected it:

IMG 0915

It is correctly seated as it should be!

I adjusted my windshield and roof, so everything now aligns exactly as they were intended to be. The change is drastic. You can see in these photos how much the windshield and roof had to be adjusted.

IMG 0918
IMG 0919
IMG 0917

Now my buggy sits level exactly how it should have been. I will admit I should have trusted my gut, and dug further into the issue to correct it sooner. But would’ve, could’ve, should’ve…

I am EXTREMELY happy to have it corrected and to get back out there own the trails.

IMG 0916

Last edited:
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Note: Rambling write up- I will make adjustments when I sit down at the computer..

I purchased my P500 in March of 2021. I bought it used from an individual on Facebook Marketplace. I picked it up in Greenville, Tn. It had 73 miles and 13.6 hours on it.

Not long after I brought it home, I noticed it appeared to be leaning toward the passenger side. You can see it by looking at the roof line.

View attachment 388430View attachment 388431

I tried to diagnose it myself, it was suggested as maybe shocks. Those seemed fine. I put a level on the floor of it, front bumper, and rear rack…. All perfectly level.

A couple of things were also off, that I thought might be the problem. Windshield did not quite line up with the roof, so we tried to adjust both of those, with no luck. They would not line up, and it still appeared tilted. So I finally chalked it up, to just an optical illusion.. but still felt like something was wrong.

Fast forward 2 years, this winter Futzin and I took it to his basement shop… to add some upgrades winch, mudbusters, and a couple other things. One of the items required a rops clamp. It fit perfectly on one side, but noticed the drivers side ROP was shaped differently and the clamp would not fit.

So I compared my buggy and Futz’ Critter, I realized my roof roll cage had been incorrectly mounted on the frame at the dealership.

So these 2 pieces should assemble with the tubes from the frame and roll cage seated in alignment. A tab from the top roll cage and a tab coming up from the frame on each side of the tubes. Then a bolt thru each tab locking the frame and upper roll bar together. As in the 3rd picture here.

View attachment 388452View attachment 388453View attachment 388454

Mine however, was bolted in this way… (Bolts are loose because I did not think to take pictures before we started loosing them.)

View attachment 388456
View attachment 388455View attachment 388457

Basically the bottom bolt was just in the frame hole and not attached to the roll cage bar. The top bolt was only thru the tab of the frame and the bottom hole of the roll cage. Essentially this means it was being held together with one bottle. I am very thankful, I did not roll or turn over my P5 while this was incorrect. It would have done some damage as the misalignment created a very weak spot in my cage.

View attachment 388459

I adjusted my windshield and roof, so everything now aligns exactly as they were intended to be. The change is drastic. You can see in these photos how much the windshield and roof had ti be adjusted.

View attachment 388461
View attachment 388469
View attachment 388474

Now my buggy sits level exactly how it should have been. I will admit I should have trusted my gut, and dug further into the issue to correct it sooner. But would’ve, could’ve, should’ve…

I have very happy to have it corrected and to get back out there own the trails.

View attachment 388480
Wow that is horrible! I’m glad you figured it out and got it addressed.

Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3

View attachment 388430View attachment 388431

A couple of things were also off, that I thought might be the problem. Windshield did not quite line up with the roof, so we tried to adjust both of those, with no luck. They would not line up, and it still appeared tilted. So I finally chalked it up, to just an optical illusion.. but still felt like something was wrong.

Fast forward 2 years, this winter Futzin and I took it to his basement shop… to add some upgrades winch, mudbusters, and a couple other things. One of the items required a rops clamp. It fit perfectly on one side, but noticed the drivers side ROP was shaped differently and the clamp would not fit.

View attachment 388452View attachment 388453View attachment 388454

View attachment 388456
View attachment 388455View attachment 388457

Basically the bottom bolt was just in the frame hole and not attached to the roll cage bar. The top bolt was only thru the tab of the frame and the bottom hole of the roll cage. Essentially this means it was being held together with one bolt. I am very thankful, I did not roll or turn over my P5 while this was incorrect. It would have done some damage as the misalignment created a very weak spot in my cage.

View attachment 388459

I adjusted my windshield and roof, so everything now aligns exactly as they were intended to be. The change is drastic. You can see in these photos how much the windshield and roof had to be adjusted.

View attachment 388461
View attachment 388469
View attachment 388474

I am EXTREMELY happy to have it corrected and to get back out there own the trails.

View attachment 388480
Like you said, it's good you found it before it was needed. Good job to you and @futzin.

KyGal83

KyGal83

Duchess Sheldon, Daisy, KGB, Natasha, SNS
Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
I bought mine from the dealer in Greeneville. I guess I'll need to get you to look at mine during the Takeover.
I am no expert.. But I would take a good look at it. It irritates me to think that: A: They assemble these Pioneers frequently, so they knew better B: When the roof did not line up, that is a red flag. C: YET again when the windshield did not line up, nothing. They did all of that and still did not realize anything was wrong. Yes, it took me a while also... but I am an accountant, not a mechanic!
It definitely was not the previous owner, If you would have ask that guy for a screwdriver and bolt ... He would have gotten you a glass of vodka & orange juice, and ran away!

It is just ridiculous. That could have gotten someone seriously hurt or worse. I am relieved it is corrected, The more I think about it the madder I get though.

Last edited:
ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The USA needs to bring back apprenticeship programs and ethics in business classes before its too late.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The USA needs to bring back apprenticeship programs and ethics in business classes before its too late.
And indentured servants instead of open borders!

Reactions: CID
Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
In the high school here, there is a carpentry course and an automotive repair course.

The carpentry course actually builds a house and the auto shop has 6 lifts and a former Ford employee doing the training. And anyone can have their car repaired for free if they want to wait in line.

It's the inner city communist recruit camps that are ruining young adults.

Reactions: CID and Smitty335
Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I am no expert.. But I would take a good look at it. It irritates me to think that: A: They assemble these Pioneers frequently, so they knew better B: When the roof did not line up, that is a red flag. C: YET again when the windshield did not line up, nothing. They did all of that and still did not realize anything was wrong. Yes, it took me a while also... but I am an accountant, not a mechanic!
It definitely was not the previous owner, If you would have ask that guy for a screwdriver and bolt ... He would have gotten you a glass of vodka & orange juice, and ran away!

It is just ridiculous. That could have gotten someone seriously hurt or worse. I am relieved it is corrected, The more I think about it the madder I get though.
Honda is not the Honda they used to be.

The quality of my JAY, kills Honda's sloppy construction.

And my muffler isn't crooked either........

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!