Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have been considering a roof/cage chop for quite a while. I have a P1000-3 so it will only be the A & B pillars.My thoughts are to leave the headrest bar/ROPS brace in tact. I am 6 feet tall so my plans are to cut the B pillar down to the brace and cut the A pillar toward the bottom of it. Is there a specific formula or is it a trial and error event to cut. I know the rear should be cut more than the front due to the difference in angles. What I have come up with is 4 inches rear and 3 1/4 inches in the front.Is this close or am I way off? Thanks in advance.

Yankee

Yankee

Apr 29, 2016
Tennessee
I have been considering a roof/cage chop for quite a while. I have a P1000-3 so it will only be the A & B pillars.My thoughts are to leave the headrest bar/ROPS brace in tact. I am 6 feet tall so my plans are to cut the B pillar down to the brace and cut the A pillar toward the bottom of it. Is there a specific formula or is it a trial and error event to cut. I know the rear should be cut more than the front due to the difference in angles. What I have come up with is 4 inches rear and 3 1/4 inches in the front.Is this close or am I way off? Thanks in advance.
Shortly after I bought mine I back flipped it. The front bar wasnt too far from my forehead after that. When I rebuilt the cage I dropped it maybe 2 inches but not as much as I wanted to originally mainly cause of the belly flop lol. Just b careful how much u cut out cause it's designed to protect ya

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well I really don't ride that aggressively and it will be sleeved and welded by professionals. I rode my Rhino ten years and never even had it on its side. Thanks for the info.

Reactions: Yankee
Yankee

Yankee

Apr 29, 2016
Tennessee
Well I really don't ride that aggressively and it will be sleeved and welded by professionals. I rode my Rhino ten years and never even had it on its side. Thanks for the info.
I know joeymt and Delton have done quite a bit of work on their cages. They maybe able to tell ya a lil more info bout what they have done

Reactions: Mopower58
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hopefully cuminspunisher will chime in too.
He's been known to do a few mods to his rigs.

Reactions: Mopower58

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!