Roof cooling fans

D

Dimnbac33

Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone mounted cooling fans inside the cab on the roof and if you have tell me what bars you used to go across the inside bars ?

Reactions: JenElio
JRN88tion

JRN88tion

Jul 6, 2017
South Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone mounted cooling fans inside the cab on the roof and if you have tell me what bars you used to go across the inside bars ?

At one point I bought some dual radiator cooling fans and used the romps clamps and bolted a bar in between them to mount to. 1/2” steel tube welded the ends and tapped to accept the bolt out of the romp clamp. Worked really good but I’m tall and was tired of hitting my head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
At one point I bought some dual radiator cooling fans and used the romps clamps and bolted a bar in between them to mount to. 1/2” steel tube welded the ends and tapped to accept the bolt out of the romp clamp. Worked really good but I’m tall and was tired of hitting my head.

Where abouts you from down here?

Reactions: ChadD
JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Lazy springs off state road 82
Redneck mud park off state road 74
The sandlot also off state road 74

Haven't read much into lazy springs, but sandlot and redneck mud park don't seem to have a lot of actual trails. Does lazy springs? Or is it more of mud bog type area

JRN88tion

JRN88tion

Jul 6, 2017
South Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Haven't read much into lazy springs, but sandlot and redneck mud park don't seem to have a lot of actual trails. Does lazy springs? Or is it more of mud bog type area

More or less just a flat open area. Used to be a mine site years ago. Does have some trails and obstacles but not much.
Sandlot (old Florida tracks n trails) has trails but I haven’t been since new ownership took over.
Redneck mud park isn’t much of trails just riding around and if ya wanna get into a fight lol. I stay away from there.
If your farther north you can always go to croom in brooksville north of Tampa.

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
More or less just a flat open area. Used to be a mine site years ago. Does have some trails and obstacles but not much.
Sandlot (old Florida tracks n trails) has trails but I haven’t been since new ownership took over.
Redneck mud park isn’t much of trails just riding around and if ya wanna get into a fight lol. I stay away from there.
If your farther north you can always go to croom in brooksville north of Tampa.

Yeah that's about what I gathered from my research 😂

I thought croon was just for dirt bikes/motocross track? My wife told me about it but I didn't look into it. I'm over in West palm Beach, but I don't mind driving out to a new area to ride if it's worth it.

advertisement
JRN88tion

JRN88tion

Jul 6, 2017
South Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah that's about what I gathered from my research

I thought croon was just for dirt bikes/motocross track? My wife told me about it but I didn't look into it. I'm over in West palm Beach, but I don't mind driving out to a new area to ride if it's worth it.

Yeah your right atv/dirtbike. I thought they used to allow utv. Back n the day it was basically whatever would fit between the poles to get in...not so much anymore.

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Yeah your right atv/dirtbike. I thought they used to allow utv. Back n the day it was basically whatever would fit between the poles to get in...not so much anymore.

You ever been down to big cypres? Few of us were trying to get a ride together on of these days. I've never been

JRN88tion

JRN88tion

Jul 6, 2017
South Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You ever been down to big cypres? Few of us were trying to get a ride together on of these days. I've never been

Yes cool place but make sure before you drive down you get the approval sticker. You have to go get your ride inspected. I think it’s 25$ for the inspection. I haven’t taken my new Honda down there but took my old one few years ago.

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Yes cool place but make sure before you drive down you get the approval sticker. You have to go get your ride inspected. I think it’s 25$ for the inspection. I haven’t taken my new Honda down there but took my old one few years ago.

Yeah some of the guys mentioned that, they weren't sure if it could be done the same day though. I'll have to look into that if we end up putting a ride together 👍

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
There's a place just east of labelle I been riding a few time now. Nice spot to spend a day at, bunch of open areas/lots and a cpl trails here n there.

JRN88tion

JRN88tion

Jul 6, 2017
South Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There's a place just east of labelle I been riding a few time now. Nice spot to spend a day at, bunch of open areas/lots and a cpl trails here n there.

Don’t think you can do it same day unless you plan on going late to ride. The inspection is done at a different place I think. Buddy at work just went I’ll ask him tomorrow and get back to you. I haven’t been out to Labelle other than to hackeltrap (Lykes brothers) property on a hunting lease. Not sure of areas out there.

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Don’t think you can do it same day unless you plan on going late to ride. The inspection is done at a different place I think. Buddy at work just went I’ll ask him tomorrow and get back to you. I haven’t been out to Labelle other than to hackeltrap (Lykes brothers) property on a hunting lease. Not sure of areas out there.

Kool, thanks!

That spot is just off of 80 west of 27, not a park just a bunch of open land with paved streets. Kinda like an abandoned town (no structures though) nice quiet place. Not a lot of people seem to know/go there.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!