P1000 Roof , doors, rear window to accomadate SATV windshield

K

Kelldog

Dec 2, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I dont really like the SATV roof and doors. Who else can fit with the SATV flip up windshield

Reactions: Lady01
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the SuperATV flip up windshield with Honda OE roof and OE soft doors and it works great. There are many people on here who have many of a mixture of things that all seem to work with each other.

sek-hunter

sek-hunter

Oct 28, 2013
Same here, gen 2 upper Honda doors and hard Honda roof....

K

Kelldog

Dec 2, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Is the OE roof with the satv windshield leaking bad during rain? Seems to be some complaints about it

c_carrierlj

c_carrierlj

Feb 21, 2021
Ellsworth, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Literally rode in rain yesterday afternoon with that combo, and not one drop leaked in. Wasnt pouring rain but still....

sek-hunter

sek-hunter

Oct 28, 2013
Is the OE roof with the satv windshield leaking bad during rain? Seems to be some complaints about it
There is a thread somewhere that offers a template to a piece that can be cut from clear vinyl material (like jeep windows) that attaches to the top of the windshield and roof. Allows the window to open and close as intended and blocks 100% of the wind and rain from the gap between the windshield and roof. I couldn't find another solution that allowed the wind shield to open and close as intended. Not sure who posted and created the fix, but it works flawlessly.

K

Kelldog

Dec 2, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
What are you using for the rear

J

JFID

Aug 21, 2022
NORTH IDAHO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I also have the SuperATV flip windshield with the OE roof and they work perfectly together!
How is everyone using the SATV flip up windshield with OEM roof it states it’s not compatible as the clamps for the windshield land right on where the roof clamps are. Did you use some kind of mod?

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How is everyone using the SATV flip up windshield with OEM roof it states it’s not compatible as the clamps for the windshield land right on where the roof clamps are. Did you use some kind of mod?
16-21 The OE Honda roof works with the SuperATV flip up windshield. I am not sure who says it does not. There is no modification needed.

Last edited:
J

JFID

Aug 21, 2022
NORTH IDAHO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What year is yours? I have a 2022 deluxe and had the roof installed at the dealer. I ordered the SATV flip up windshield and the top bracket that attaches to the bar lands right where the roof bracket is. It also states on SATV’s website not compatible but I’m hoping I can make it work because it’s $160 to ship it back to them.

Reactions: ODAMO
SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
What year is yours? I have a 2022 deluxe and had the roof installed at the dealer. I ordered the SATV flip up windshield and the top bracket that attaches to the bar lands right where the roof bracket is. It also states on SATV’s website not compatible but I’m hoping I can make it work because it’s $160 to ship it back to them.
I'm pretty sure you can make it work. I've had a few people struggle with it, but I've also had a ton of dudes say that it bolts right up with a little adjustment. You just need to loosen up the front brackets of the roof...and maybe the rear for more adjustment...and try to fit them together. Its tight, but they should work together.

They didn't really change anything on that roof, so I'm guessing the cage or jig for the frame has changed just enough to make it pretty tight.

Officially we're saying on the website that it doesn't fit, but its just going to need some persuasion if you have one of those machines that's just a little too close.

J

JFID

Aug 21, 2022
NORTH IDAHO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm pretty sure you can make it work. I've had a few people struggle with it, but I've also had a ton of dudes say that it bolts right up with a little adjustment. You just need to loosen up the front brackets of the roof...and maybe the rear for more adjustment...and try to fit them together. Its tight, but they should work together.

They didn't really change anything on that roof, so I'm guessing the cage or jig for the frame has changed just enough to make it pretty tight.

Officially we're saying on the website that it doesn't fit, but its just going to need some persuasion if you have one of those machines that's just a little too close.
Great thanks I’m going to work on it

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Great thanks I’m going to work on it
Sometimes the front brackets on the roof are put on incorrectly. Which causes it not to work with the superatv windshield. I install the brackets wrong myself and had to swap them. That was 4 years ago and I cant remember any specifics. I've seen where other people have had the same issue.

Last edited:
J

JFID

Aug 21, 2022
NORTH IDAHO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Went on with no issues just needed to unlatch the front and middle roof clamps to give it a gap to get the windshield in. Just a little fiddling to get it 👌🏽- Fits perfectly. Thanks everyone!

0D65DBE8 3279 46EB A61B 2DA94122A42E

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
Sometimes the front brackets on the roof are put on incorrectly. Which causes it not to work with the superatv windshield. I install the brackets wrong myself and had to swap them. That was 4 years ago and I cant remember any specifics. I've seen where other people have had the same issue.
SleepyFancyBat max 1mb

This....exactly. I've seen it a ton of times. Most were coming right from the dealer lot.

GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Went on with no issues just needed to unlatch the front and middle roof clamps to give it a gap to get the windshield in. Just a little fiddling to get it 👌🏽- Fits perfectly. Thanks everyone!

View attachment 356319
I was gonna say that. I put mine on last weekend. Had to take the roof brackets loose so I could get the SuperAtv brackets in the corners and then put them back. It’s tight but it fits. Need to knock it all down a little as the windshield just barely hits the lip of the roof when open. Pretty sure a BRFH will fix it.

• Haha
Reactions: SuperATV

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!