BOX1

ROTM

J

JumptChaneAZ

Whatever happened to this? Not that I want to enter, but some of the pics and rides are entertaining to surf through. I'm pretty green around here, did something happen that caused it to cease, or was it just lack of interest?

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Whatever happened to this? Not that I want to enter, but some of the pics and rides are entertaining to surf through. I'm pretty green around here, did something happen that caused it to cease, or was it just lack of interest?
Kinda just faded away, one guy had started to take charge and organize it but he got sidetracked playing with Legos. Good help is hard to find these days......

😂😂😂

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I see what you did there :p

Didn't realize that everyone was as lazy as I am......🤣
In all seriousness, the boss used to do it from the beginning quite a while, but he also got quite busy. Nobody took it over till the next guy and then he got busy. It’s just a matter of finding someone that wants to take over the rains.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ya, just get burnt out doing it after a few years.
Just run out of ideas and themed winnings.
And when we had bigger winnings, we had cheaters.
Then it became just post any picture you have.
That became reposting the same image several months in a row.
Anyways...
Appreciate those who have helped.

What about...
Just having a monthly photo thread.
One that allows upvoting the best images like the ROTM but not really a ROTM.
I may be able to automate that several months ahead of time.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Anyways...

What about...
That'd be cool.

J

JumptChaneAZ

Anyways...

What about...
I totally get it, It's not like I want it to start back up, cause headaches and hassles for anyone, or stomp my feet. Was only wondering why it ended so abruptly. Now I know. Sometimes it happens, no good deeds go unpunished.

toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I like the monthly photo thread idea. I did notice some pics weren't current in the ROTM. It was always fun to me and my kids to go to the cabin and come up with the theme picture.

Here could be the "prize": If you are the winner, you will receive congratulations, and a virtual hand shake.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The monthly theme and the prize are the two bigger roadblocks I saw running the ROTM for Bossman.

Eliminate the prize aspect by just making it bragging rights solves that. Hopefully solves peeps desire to cheat as well.

Thinking up a theme isn’t all that hard but getting people to participate in the theme is more difficult and getting people to vote with the theme in mind is virtually impossible. Lol. So making up a theme becomes a little pointless but it’s fun for those that try.

That said, I’ll happily create a new ROTM thread each month again for Bossman. I’ll even put a random theme suggestion on some of them.

The forum just has to want it and participate by posting pics and voting.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
The monthly theme and the prize are the two bigger roadblocks I saw running the ROTM for Bossman.

Eliminate the prize aspect by just making it bragging rights solves that. Hopefully solves peeps desire to cheat as well.

Thinking up a theme isn’t all that hard but getting people to participate in the theme is more difficult and getting people to vote with the theme in mind is virtually impossible. Lol. So making up a theme becomes a little pointless but it’s fun for those that try.

That said, I’ll happily create a new ROTM thread each month again for Bossman. I’ll even put a random theme suggestion on some of them.

The prize can just be a bragging rights/shout out type thing. As far as the themes, like you said that can be a simple thing no need to get complicated. Monitoring the entries to match the theme just takes a little checking now and then, if a submitted pic doesn't qualify then it gets deleted.....simple as that. If someone doesn't like it they can mail a complaint letter to 247 Stopbeingalittlebîtch Ave .Apt 69..........please allow 24 hrs for the NTC to respond 😂😂😂

J

JumptChaneAZ

Cheated. Wow, sad.