P700 running out of steam

tracy guy

tracy guy

Nov 29, 2021
California
Ownership

1. 700-4
New 2021 Pioneer 700 without paddle shifters. Hit the hill in second gear and near the top the engine started to bog down. I just made it but it would have been a long scary trip sliding down backwards. If I would have taken my foot off the gas for a second would it have shifted to first before I lost too much momentum? Anyone ever had this happen? Tracy guy

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I've never had a 700 NOT downshift when it needed to. Are you sure you were in 2nd? Does the machine have really low miles?

I HAVE had them not have enough poop to pull 1st gear at high elevations.

Reactions: Buggyman
tracy guy

tracy guy

Nov 29, 2021
California
Ownership

1. 700-4
I've never had a 700 NOT downshift when it needed to. Are you sure you were in 2nd? Does the machine have really low miles?

I HAVE had them not have enough poop to pull 1st gear at high elevations.
Yes it has under 100 miles on it and we were at 1,800 feet. Pretty sure it was in second but I will put some miles on it and try again. Thanks

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
May have gone into LIMP - MODE <> ( stays in 2nd. ) <> Check for codes. <> Under Warantee?? <> let the Dealer deal with it!
If happens again <> Stop turn off <> Some Times <> will TEMPORARILY <> reset when restarted.
Defective Sensor ( rear of Transission ) most likely. <> ODD thing we were at simular Elevation <> happened to 2014 700-4 with 675 miles pulling a Trailer Load of Logs up hill ( Definately a Tence few minutes ) <> ONLY PROBLEM Ever had with that machine.
A place to start MAYBE ??
AREN'T Electronics wonderful when they work correctly!!??

Good luck & Plaese keep us posted on progress ( this is how we All Learn ) & share the knowledge.

Last edited:
tracy guy

tracy guy

Nov 29, 2021
California
Ownership

1. 700-4
May have gone into LIMP - MODE <> ( stays in 2nd. ) <> Check for codes. <> Under Warantee?? <> let the Dealer deal with it!
If happens again <> Stop turn off <> Some Times <> will TEMPORARILY <> reset when restarted.
Defective Sensor ( rear of Transission ) most likely. <> ODD thing we were at simular Elevation <> happened to 2014 700-4 with 675 miles pulling a Trailer Load of Logs up hill ( Definately a Tence few minutes ) <> ONLY PROBLEM Ever had with that machine.
A place to start MAYBE ??
AREN'T Electronics wonderful when they work correctly!!??

Good luck & Plaese keep us posted on progress ( this is how we All Learn ) & share the knowledge.
Will do. Thank you.

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!