Sagging in the back

Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes that is the nice part of the FOX shocks. I just upgraded my deluxe shocks to Fox with a constant spring rate vs the dual rate that comes on the FOX. Made a huge difference, I got 2.5 in of ground clearance back. It's amazing how fast we add weight to the buggy. I had about 500lbs added to my total weight from bumpers winch, dual battery, stereo, trial tools, etc.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

B

Bjohnsonf15

Mar 22, 2020
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes that is the nice part of the FOX shocks. I just upgraded my deluxe shocks to Fox with a constant spring rate vs the dual rate that comes on the FOX. Made a huge difference, I got 2.5 in of ground clearance back. It's amazing how fast we add weight to the buggy. I had about 500lbs added to my total weight from bumpers winch, dual battery, stereo, trial tools, etc.

Where did you get the springs from?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Just installed Cfab a arms and I’m sitting low in the rear end. Will adjusting the preload on the fox shocks help this?
I adjusted my Fox QS3 original springs, cranked them down exactly 1" from factory settings. Very happy with results, have 12k miles on machine and gained 2" height in back with A-arms now back to original angle as well as correct vertical camber restored.

B

Bjohnsonf15

Mar 22, 2020
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I adjusted my Fox QS3 original springs, cranked them down exactly 1" from factory settings. Very happy with results, have 12k miles on machine and gained 2" height in back with A-arms now back to original angle as well as correct vertical camber restored.
Thanks for the info. Going give that a try. Just frustrating after installing the a arms. Was running a 2.5 bracket lift but had to take it off when Installing the a arms. It was putting my shocks in one hell of a bind.

Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got them from Amazon. But you can find them several websites. There is some good information in the forums if you search. I forget what the standard rates are but you basically compress the lower spring rate when you increase the preload.

Note you don't have to change the springs. It just helps.
cc1613ef42faffef45e211a185facbc7.jpg
f880c1fc0aae0df1d26aca3ec76789dc.jpg

Prntckt

Prntckt

Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2020
Altoona, WI
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Got them from Amazon. But you can find them several websites. There is some good information in the forums if you search. I forget what the standard rates are but you basically compress the lower spring rate when you increase the preload.

Note you don't have to change the springs. It just helps.
cc1613ef42faffef45e211a185facbc7.jpg
f880c1fc0aae0df1d26aca3ec76789dc.jpg

I installed the 300 lb single rate springs in the rear of my P1000-3 and very happy with the result. Got rid of the compression of the Fox progressive rate OEM springs and restored full travel and ground clearance.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!