Sand paddles

Worrom1

Worrom1

Aug 9, 2020
Fallon nevada
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Looking to buy a set of sand tires for my x-4,factory wheels. Sand mountain is about ten miles away from me and never been there. What would you recommend, thanks in advance

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I wish I could help, but I am over the sand thing. I am about 5 hours away from silver lake sand dunes in Michigan. That sand gets in everything!
Yep, and silver lake brings the poo poo’s and fools anymore.

I cant remember the brand i use to run on my banshees at the dunes? Been a long time.

Nevada Notch

Nevada Notch

Jul 3, 2021
Carson City
I have been going out to sand mountain for years but have not yet made it out there with my Talon so take this suggestion with a grain of sand so to speak!........

Before you spend a bunch of money on sand tires, I would suggest going to sand mountain for the day on stock tires. You should be able to navigate the dunes without paddles unless you want to climb the big dune...... then you will probably need paddles.

I used to navigate almost all of the dunes (except the big dune) in an FL350 Honda Odyssey without paddle tires.

Here is a link to a video.... at just past 1 minute, you can see me in an FL350 bone stock on standard knobby tires heading into the dunes.

Last edited:
Reactions: toddvdh
Worrom1

Worrom1

Aug 9, 2020
Fallon nevada
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I have been going out to sand mountain for years but have not yet made it out there with my Talon so take this suggestion with a grain of sand so to speak!........

Before you spend a bunch of money on sand tires, I would suggest going to sand mountain for the day on stock tires. You should be able to navigate the dunes without paddles unless you want to climb the big dune...... then you will probably need paddles.

I used to navigate almost all of the dunes (except the big dune) in an FL350 Honda Odyssey without paddle tires.

Here is a link to a video.... at just past 1 minute, you can see me in an FL350 bone stock on standard knobby tires heading into the dunes.

Thanks, I will give it a try on the stocker tires. Paddle tires are pretty expensive.

Reactions: Remington and CID
Nevada Notch

Nevada Notch

Jul 3, 2021
Carson City
Just an update to this, I actually made it to Sand Mountain Nevada with the Talon.

I was on paddle tires in the rear but I bought the wrong paddles! I purchased 28 x 10 tires with 12 paddles. The talon doesn't have enough hp to spin them to get up the big dune!

I have since purchased a set of System 3 SS360 tires. They are 30x10 sand tires just like below.

SS360 SB 4 Talon Kit 1500

I'll post a review of the new tires compared to my paddle tires.

Rand

Reactions: Hometeam
Nevada Notch

Nevada Notch

Jul 3, 2021
Carson City
Well the verdict is in!

SS360's are a very good choice for a sand tire for a Talon! I finally went out to sand mountain Nevada today with my totally stock 2021 Talon on 30 inch SS360's and drag raced my son in law's 2022 Talon which was sporting factory tires. I quickly walked away..... almost ran away from my son in law's talon. Hook up is excellent and directional control is excellent!

My daughter made me laugh when in an angry joking voice she said "Well we just bought a new set of tires!"

Rand

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!