P500 Say... How hard is it to change colors?

J

Jshell3

Not saying that I want to... Just curious as to price of new plastic and amount of effort involved.

I'm sure the hood would be easy!:cool:

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Not saying that I want to... Just curious as to price of new plastic and amount of effort involved.

l've been looking into the same thing,hood is $54.00 and fenders are $43.00 each @ Mrcycles.com ,the only thing I can see it would really involve is the removal of the push pins.But ,I could be wrong.l'm looking at doing mine in yellow,my wife has always wanted yellow.

Last edited:
J

Jshell3

l've been looking into the same thing,hood is $54.00 and fenders are $43.00 each @ Mrcycles.com ,the only thing I can see it would really involve is the removal of the push pins.But ,I could be wrong.l'm looking at doing mine in yellow,my wife has always wanted yellow.

Thanks!... Once I started Googling part numbers (from your mrcyles reference)... Looks like those prices are within a dollar or two from most parts dealers.

So it looks like the Prices depend on color choices... Blue has a slightly less expensive hood. Red,Yellow, & Green are priced the same... Camo is the most expensive. Ball park numbers below compiled from 3 sources. <-- Tho, honestly I think all these supplier's pages are directly linked to the Motherland!

$126 total "Metallic" Blue (2016) Hood = $40..... Rears = $43x2 ($86) I've also seen this color referred to as "Pearl Proton Blue"
$140 total "Starburst" Yellow (2015) Hood = $54..... Rears = $43x2 ($86)
$140 total "Olive" Green (2015) Hood = $54..... Rears = $43x2 ($86) I've also seen this color referred to as "Adventure Green"
$140 total "Patriot" Red (2015/16) Hood = $54..... Rears = $43x2 (86)
$750 total "Phantom" Camo (2015/16) Hood = $320.... Rears = $215x2 ($430) I've also seen this color referred to as "Close Range Camo"

Last edited by a moderator:
bigbore

bigbore

Jan 5, 2016

Another option, although I don't know the cost , is a "Wrap".

Check it out at 6:40 in this video. This guy has a GREAT channel BTW, but you already knew that.

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500

I took off my rear fenders when I had my colors Line-Xed and they are really easy to take off and put back on.

Alan

Last edited:
Reactions: Jshell3
J

Jshell3

Another option, although I don't know the cost , is a "Wrap".

Saw some stuff on wraps.. Also some stuff on PlastiDip... Both good options for not having to buy additional plastic parts.

Last edited by a moderator:
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Replacement plastic is not
that expensive. ...
paint & stickers are
just temp...till they peel
or scratch off...
just sayin

Reactions: webby and trigger
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks!... Once I started Googling part numbers (from your mrcyles reference)... Looks like those prices are within a dollar or two from most parts dealers.

So it looks like the Prices depend on color choices... Blue has a slightly less expensive hood. Red,Yellow, & Green are priced the same... Camo is the most expensive. Ball park numbers below compiled from 3 sources. <-- Tho, honestly I think all these supplier's pages are directly linked to the Motherland!

$126 total "Metallic" Blue (2016) Hood = $40..... Rears = $43x2 ($86) I've also seen this color referred to as "Pearl Proton Blue"
$140 total "Starburst" Yellow (2015) Hood = $54..... Rears = $43x2 ($86)
$140 total "Olive" Green (2015) Hood = $54..... Rears = $43x2 ($86) I've also seen this color referred to as "Adventure Green"
$140 total "Patriot" Red (2015/16) Hood = $54..... Rears = $43x2 (86)
$750 total "Phantom" Camo (2015/16) Hood = $320.... Rears = $215x2 ($430) I've also seen this color referred to as "Close Range Camo"
Camo in 5/6 yrs....becomes tan

D

Dnorris1369

Jun 18, 2016
North Carolina
Wow camp really is a lot more. That's a huge difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kenjones21

Kenjones21

Jun 23, 2015
Central Louisiana
very simple , we changed brother n laws in about 10mins, changed from blue to green and cost 116.00 total from Procaliber.com

advertisement
SBuckJ

SBuckJ

Jan 21, 2015
Central PA
I purchased blue from my local Honda dealer...about $20 or more ($140 total), but I like to buy local.....switched my yellow out in about 30 minutes....easy to do :) I WILL say the Blue shows the scratches way more than the yellow...

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!