BRed Searching for a torque converter puller.

D

dblizzard

Oct 13, 2024
Montana
Ownership

1. Big Red
I have low oil pressure and transmission slips & disengages. I'm in the process of splitting the case to inspect the oil pu screens. I am searching for the puller that is needed to remove the torque converter. Or perhaps It can be pried off??

Hello_Darkness

Hello_Darkness

Jun 6, 2024
Just to the right of nowhere
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I have low oil pressure and transmission slips & disengages. I'm in the process of splitting the case to inspect the oil pu screens. I am searching for the puller that is needed to remove the torque converter. Or perhaps It can be pried off??

As far as I know only the Honda special tool listed in the manual will remove it.

Edi: It appears there are ones on ebay for sale under $100

D

dblizzard

Oct 13, 2024
Montana
Ownership

1. Big Red
As far as I know only the Honda special tool listed in the manual will remove it.

Edi: It appears there are ones on ebay for sale under $100
Yes, I found a puller on ebay that looks like the perfect match to Honda's but it has a 1.5mm thread pitch vs the converters thread pitch of 1.0mm. Maybe you have seem a better puller??

www.ebay.com/itm/265545397080?_skw=honda+torque+converter+puller&itmmeta=01JAZM5Z15E2GQ5V124D1QHH7E&hash=item3dd3bd3358:g:WZAAAOSwnv9nGVCe

Hello_Darkness

Hello_Darkness

Jun 6, 2024
Just to the right of nowhere
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!