BOX1

BRed Fan an lights on all the time

B

Biggreen10

Jan 8, 2016
Wv
i have 2010 big red, runs good, shifts great, starts great, has good power, but soon as I start it up, I have the temp light an engine light both on an flashing....plus fan is running all the time also, this wasn't this bad till lately, about a month ago it was just the lights flashing an fan came on when it got up to temp, but now it's all the time. I have a manual, but I don't have a pocket code reader or what it's calling for, need to know if I can use a Bluetooth code reader that is universal, also the manual doesn't say anything about the temperature light that I can fine, can someone tell me how to go about checking this Machine, or where to start

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the club @Biggreen10,
Does it run hot. Or is it just the lights are on?

There is 2 ground wires that ground out at different places on the motor. If these get disconnected they can trigger your issues. One tells the fan to come on, the other tells the oil light to come on.
You have the manual? Is this a service manual? Find the wire diagram in the back and track the ECT (coolant) sensor and the EOT (oil) sensor.
Make sure they are connected.

B

Biggreen10

Jan 8, 2016
Wv
Ok well I have the Honda service manual download, my coolant light is what is staying on with the fan, an the engine light is flashing a code, 4 long flashes an 4 short flashes, but oil light is not on or flashing, also thanks again for the welcome

B

Biggreen10

Jan 8, 2016
Wv
Ok well I have the Honda service manual download, my coolant light is what is staying on with the fan, an the engine light is flashing a code, 4 long flashes an 4 short flashes, but oil light is not on or flashing, also thanks again for the welcome
So my code is 44 if I done it right.

B

Biggreen10

Jan 8, 2016
Wv
No it's not running hot, I check the coolant after its up to temp, an is fine an up to level in the reservoir, so if I'm going about this right, my mil light is flashing 4 long an 4short, so wouldn't that be code 44 ? An if yes what's that mean my problem is?

B

Biggreen10

Jan 8, 2016
Wv
Ok that's fine, just would like to know if the temp sensor is bad,
I want have access to the manual until tomorrow.
ok that's fine I've got code 44, so if the ect sensor is bad will the fan still come on when engine started ? Cause that's what I have, I haven't yet checked the ect, because I also don't have the service connector, so can I just use a jumper wire to clear the mil flashing after I check the sensor ? I also don't have the fancy pocket tester lol

C

Cookie

Apr 28, 2017
Eastern Tennessee
Ownership

1. Big Red
I recently bought a 2009 Honda Big Red. It feels like there is some heat comming from under the parking brake lever. The temp light acts normal----no flashing etc. I have never seen the fan run except when I ran a wire straight to it to see if it was working. What is the procedure with the fan? Does it just come on at a certain temperature? Can someone help explain this to me. I hope I am not taking over anyone's question.

Reactions: TimberBull
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!