Grinding when shifting into d only

I

illumastar

Feb 4, 2017
US
Ok so I just rebuilt the engine on my 2011 big red. It ran for 5 minutes no issue then it would grind when going into d only. I changed the clutch packs during the rebuild. I jacked the rear end up and did the same thing I thought it was coming from the engine (grinding noise). So I disconnected the rear shaft started the engine and it shifted into d with no noise no issues at all I drained the oil in the rear differential and no metallic particles also inspected the pinion gear through fill port and no shiny surfaces. When I spin the tires I don't hear any noise. I'm going to try to reinstall the rear shaft maybe an alignment issue?

I

illumastar

Feb 4, 2017
US
Tried to reinstall no good I'm thinking gear fork now or the actual first gear teeth?

Sent from my SM-T807T using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!