P500 Seat belt bypass on Pioneer 520

Y

Yankeezone

May 3, 2021
United states
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Ok I have been reading about the seat belt bypass for the 500 and/or 520.

Is it the same for the 500 and 520? All of the pictures and DIY's show the seatbelt cover having FOUR Tork 10 screws. Mine only has TWO.

Also, there is talk about removing a metal magnet. Mine does not have the magnet.

I see there is a kit to buy with "plugs". Is this the way to go? Do i need both plugs? Anyone have a video or pics showing exactly how to this.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Smitty335 and TxDoc
Bigtee

Bigtee

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2017
Grayson, KY
Ownership

1. 520

2. 1000-5
Don’t have pics of mine but the plugs are the way to. One of them just goes in to seal off the factory plug. Zip tie it out of the way and if you ever want to hook it back, everything is there, can be reversed in a few minutes.

Reactions: Smitty335
Y

Yankeezone

May 3, 2021
United states
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
thank you for the reply. so you disconnect the factory connection, then use one of the kit plugs to plug into the connection you just disconnected. then tie back the end you just put the plug in? or do you put the plug into the end that isn't "loose" and floppy requiring the zip tie? and do you use only one plug in the kit or do you use both plugs?

Bigtee

Bigtee

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2017
Grayson, KY
Ownership

1. 520

2. 1000-5
You use both plugs, one just seals off the unused plug. The wires running to the seatbelt are where the bypass plug is used.

Aerolite

Aerolite

Jan 10, 2021
Oxford Mills ON
Ownership

1. 500
Go to post #11 here by Jamesy P500 - Seat belt bypass
Works really well, (P520). Takes longer to remove the two screws holding the plastic cover on than to remove the contact strip.

Snek

Snek

“Member” huh huh
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2021
Saint Augustine FL
Ownership

1. 500
Like the second best (and easiest) sub-$20 upgrade you can do. Also look into reverse lever override👍

Reactions: Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!