P1000 Shimmy between 40 and 45 kmh

S

Shannon840

Apr 2, 2016
Nova Scotia
Purchased a P1000-3 in early March and have about 100 miles. Love the machine but just starting noticing a very pronounced shimmy at between 40 and 45 kmh? Very noticeable on blacktop or smooth trails. Seems to go away after 50 kmh. Any suggestions?

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Tire balance?
Mud on the rims?
Make sure the lug nuts are evenly torqued.

Reactions: JACKAL
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
In addition to what @ghost posted. If the dealer has added any kind of tire sealant it can have unexpected results with tire balance at different speeds. Some swear by running the tire "Slime" in their tires I swear at it if you ever have to mess with it on the trail.

KevinSC

KevinSC

Dec 31, 2015
I have a p 1000-3. It's your tires. They are wearing fast on blacktop. Mine are almost bald as we ride the kids around to the grandparents on ours and there's all sorts of vibration after 35 mph. It's just the tires are wearing.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!