BOX1

P500 Shocks 4 the P 500

Northwest

Northwest

Aug 25, 2019
Spokane WA
Ownership

1. 500
Getting ready to buy after market shocks for the 2018 P 500 what’s the way to go and why. Thanx

Reactions: Morpheus
Morpheus

Morpheus

Supporting Member
May 6, 2019
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500
Getting ready to buy after market shocks for the 2018 P 500 what’s the way to go and why. Thanx

I've heard amazing things about Walker Evans. That is the brand I am going to go with partly because the customer service is really good. the only thing stopping me is the price. I have to save money in the Mafia fund so the wife doesn't know about it. I have also read that removing the rear sway bar if you haven't also improves performance of the original shocks but especially when you upgrade to the Walker Evans equipment. If you go to Appalachian Mountain Riders on you tube and watch the video on his install of the WE shocks on his P500 it may help with your decision. Lots of info on these threads about different brands too. Good luck! Hope to hear what you went with.

MI-Trailblazer

MI-Trailblazer

Apr 4, 2019
Parma, MI
Ownership

1. 500
I think that the Walker Evans and Elka brands are the most popular, as well as two of the few companies that make shocks for the P500. I've read good about both on this site from members that have purchased both. Basically I think Walker Evans has 1 or 2 models to chose from and Elka has 5 (Stage 1 through 5) so it comes down to how much money you want to spend vs. how many adjustments you want to play with/deal with. Plan on about $1600 a set average.

When I get around to it, I will probably buy Elka's for my P500 for I have Elka's on my TRX250R and I am completely happy with the performance and durability of them (had them on my machine since 2009). No breakage, leaks or stuff wearing out.

I cannot remember, but I think there is 1 or 2 other company's out there that make a replacement shock for the P500 that are not adjustable and priced lower, but I cannot come up with the names right now.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Walker Evans IMO. Elka's are nice but a little pricier unless you go with their non adjustable's. Got my WE's for $1100. Expensive but make a big difference. And yes, drop that ASB, you'll be glad you did.

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
I have been kicking around shocks as well, found these as well 814 UTV Suspension
$1320 for 4 trail series. Just not sure I ride enough to justify going to do power steering and locker first. But after owning it 3 years may not do those either.

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
Take a look at the post ( Walker Evans Shock Problem Solved ) good testament after sale W.E. Excelent Customer Service & Warrantee.
The only problem ever HAD & W.E. took care of it QUICK .
Superior ride & handling over stock shocks worth the $$$$ .

If your passenger tells you it's better better pay attention.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!