P700 Should I buy 2016 Pioneer 700-4

GnomeRider

GnomeRider

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
Columbia, MO
Ownership

1. 500
Been reading the forum for a while and have decided to find a machine. I have called around and looked all over the internet and found a 2016 700-4. They have it discounted pretty deeply and it is still new. I was wanting some feedback from members on if I should pull the trigger?
I was concerned about the fact that there is no power steering but I have read enough to know that it isn't a bug deal and it can be added it I feel I must have it.
My other concern and biggest is that there is no manual shifting. Please offer any constructive information you may have about this machine.

Thanks

Reactions: swsebek and sharp
hondapro

hondapro

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2015
Central Pa.
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have the 700 deluxe.the power steering is nice and after having it I would not be without it.I really never use the manual shift much,it works well in the a/t mode.
I went to the dealer also to look at a 2016 700 but they sold it the day before I got there.
If you can get a 16 for a good deal take the money you save and add power steering and enjoy it

Reactions: sharp
SundayRdr

SundayRdr

Mar 1, 2016
McMinville Tn
I love my 700, but I would've went with a 1000-5. The 1000's were 3 months out when I got the 700 and i needed something before deer season started. We have a 4yr old that rides with us and a middle seat with seatbelt would be nice. I just added powersteering to mine and yes it's a must have if you do much trail riding. So much better, my 4 yr old can sit in my lap and drive . I don't know what your discounted pretty deeply price is but if an option I would get a 1000. 44 mph limiter gets old when you have to ride the roads to get places. The list of needed/must have upgrades on a 700 in my book : hard roof, windshield - 2 piece or folding, CanAm Commander shocks, powersteering, better tires than junky stockers and some type of power adders - programmer, exhaust etc..The list of upgrades is a never ending thing but the 700 lacks in multiple department's in my opinion. The only thing left that I have to do to mine is find more power.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
What's the difference in "out the door" price?
Power Steering is $600 (a little less).
For me... If I could get out for $2000 less, I'd take it, and order power steering.

SundayRdr

SundayRdr

Mar 1, 2016
McMinville Tn
My 700-4 was $11,9oo (Sloans-will never set foot on premises) no accessories my buddy bought his 1000-5 $13,8oo (Chattanooga) with Honda 2 piece windshield and roof. I'd pay $2000 more for a 1000-5.

GnomeRider

GnomeRider

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
Columbia, MO
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for the information so far. I will be able to get the 2016 700-4 for $10K. Seems like a good deal to me, maybe it's not. I figured I could add the power steering if I deemed it necessary. My biggest concern was and is the lack of paddle (manual) shifting.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
That is a good deal

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
How much for 2017

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
We love our '15 700, wouldn't trade it for anything else. I did put power steering in it after the first year or so, well worth it in my eyes.

GnomeRider

GnomeRider

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
Columbia, MO
Ownership

1. 500
Well as luck would have it the dealer didn't want to deal with me. He changed the price and started adding fees he didn't tell me about before. Not that didn't know about freight and set up, but I have never paid them for anything I have bought, at least not as a line item. If they hide it in the cost so beit.
I am on the hunt now for another good deal. I will find one I'm sure but it has also made me consider a p500 again. Time will tell

Thanks for your input.

Reactions: swsebek

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!