P1000 Should I buy the Honda Care Protection Plan from the dealer.

F

Fat_Elvis

Sep 25, 2018
Birmingham, Alabama
I think I'm about to buy a new 2018 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe. I know that I want a roof, a windshield and an extended warranty. My question is: Should I buy these things from the dealer or should I buy them aftermarket? I found a dealer that has really good prices on the Pioneer, but the Protection Plan and accessories seem a little high. How much should I pay for the protection plan? Which windshield? Which roof? Sorry for the long question. I just want to get the best value for the money. I appreciate any advice that you can give me.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Hey, Welcome to the club.
I can't think of a single person that has had an extended warranty claim be accepted. The Pioneer 1000 is starting to be a solid unit now that the growing pains have been cleared up. If you have a problem, it will show its head during the original warranty time.
But, with all that said I did buy it on mine. 2016. Shouldn't have, but I did.

As for accessories, get them where they best fit the pocket. Unless you need them installed.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Couldn’t have said it more perfect then @Hondasxs.
Welcome to the forum!

Reactions: BWAF and Fat_Elvis
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the forum!
Grab your roof from the dealer, they are big and expensive to ship!
Do some digging on the windshields that interest you, it seems more and more show up online every few weeks.
I ran the Honda 2 piece windshield for almost a year, it was great the first few weeks, then clarity slowly went downhill due to me being cheap and not buying the hard coat.

I upgraded to the SuperATV flip out windshield this summer. I should have taken the advise offered to me on the forum and skipped the Honda all together. If you are not in a rush for the windshield. The best place to buy it is eBay during one of their 15% or 20% off days. My windshield was $360 shipped to my door buying direct from SuperATV on eBay.

CLS

CLS

Aug 26, 2018
Az
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey, Welcome to the club.
I can't think of a single person that has had an extended warranty claim be accepted. The Pioneer 1000 is starting to be a solid unit now that the growing pains have been cleared up. If you have a problem, it will show its head during the original warranty time.
But, with all that said I did buy it on mine. 2016. Shouldn't have, but I did.
Rocky mountain has free shipping on orders over $100 as well.
As for accessories, get them where they best fit the pocket. Unless you need them installed.
I got the aluminum roof from rocky mountain atv and couldn't be happier. Adds rigidity, you can stand on it or add a cargo rack. Plus it's super low profile.

20180924 134444

Last edited:
Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Welcome from Central Arkansas...
I did NOT get the extended warranty when I purchased mine. I DID negotiate for some accessories...windshield, roof, bed mat, ect.
I looked at aftermarket quality vs. OEM as well as price. So, some things I wanted OEM and it was the best deal and quality, and some things I waited and used the aftermarket for the same reasons...
HAVE FUN !!

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
If its Honda extended warranty it should cost 680.00 for 3 extra years.

Reactions: JTW and BWAF
advertisement
sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I have already used mine it's nice to have.

Reactions: BWAF and sharp
H

HondaTech

It is a nice thing to have if you decide to sell, because HPP goes with the unit. You have up u til the end of your standard 1 year warranty to decide to purchase it. But it's nice to get at first so you can finance with he unit.

FYI, @ $1300 that dealer is making a killing.

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought the 3 year plan for mine, only tried to use it once on the rear passenger seat belt. It got stuck and wouldn’t retract, Honda denied the warranty claim, but the rig hadn’t been crashed or have any reason to deem the seat belt ineffective. I had to take it apart and clean it out a tiny bit of dirt and unlock it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J

JTW

I bought the 3 year plan for mine, only tried to use it once on the rear passenger seat belt. It got stuck and wouldn’t retract, Honda denied the warranty claim, but the rig hadn’t been crashed or have any reason to deem the seat belt ineffective. I had to take it apart and clean it out a tiny bit of dirt and unlock it

Exactly!

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5

And I paid $680 and feel like it wasn’t worth the piece of mind.

F

Fat_Elvis

Sep 25, 2018
Birmingham, Alabama
I want to thank you guys for all the good advice. I bought a 2018 Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe yesterday evening. The information that I got from this website definitely played a big part in the decisions that were made. I got the two piece hard coat windshield and the hard Honda roof. I wanted to buy an aluminum roof online, but everyone was sold out of the one that I wanted, so I just let them put one on. I did not purchase the extended warranty. I may later, but I'm leaning against buying it.

I can't wait to ride it in the daylight; it was dark when I got it home last night and I'm working a 24 hour shift here at the fire station today. I'm hoping that me and girls will be able to take a ride after church tomorrow.

Thanks Again. I'm sure I'll be bothering you again soon about all of the stuff that I want to put on it.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Congrats you'll love it
I want to thank you guys for all the good advice. I bought a 2018 Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe yesterday evening. The information that I got from this website definitely played a big part in the decisions that were made. I got the two piece hard coat windshield and the hard Honda roof. I wanted to buy an aluminum roof online, but everyone was sold out of the one that I wanted, so I just let them put one on. I did not purchase the extended warranty. I may later, but I'm leaning against buying it.

I can't wait to ride it in the daylight; it was dark when I got it home last night and I'm working a 24 hour shift here at the fire station today. I'm hoping that me and girls will be able to take a ride after church tomorrow.

Thanks Again. I'm sure I'll be bothering you again soon about all of the stuff that I want to put on it.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Fat_Elvis
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Where's the pics ?

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!