P1000 Should new P1000 sound like this? (video)

A

AZdonW

Sep 6, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Are you in 2wd not turf mode?
Low tire?
You can see camera move with sound like a flat or low tire.
Just guessin
Yes, 2wd, but it does it in turf mode, too--just not as noticeable. Tires are a little low--8.5 psi.

Gabbas

Gabbas

May 17, 2020
Humboldt, Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you checked all of your fluids including subtrans and rear differential? If all of those look good it is most likely just the stock bighorns they tend to sound like that on pavement. Does it make the same noise on dirt?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Russ989
A

AZdonW

Sep 6, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Have you checked all of your fluids including subtrans and rear differential? If all of those look good it is most likely just the stock bighorns they tend to sound like that on pavement. Does it make the same noise on dirt?

These aren't the Big Horns--they are the ones that come on the steel wheels. I checked the oil and subtrans fluid, which were fine. I'll have to figure out how to check the diff. I drove it elk hunting in Sept on dirt, but those were really bumpy roads, so I wouldn't have even noticed.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are you in 2wd not turf mode?
Low tire?
You can see camera move with sound like a flat or low tire.
Just guessin
I’ve had this sound before when I had a low rear tire.

wrhii

wrhii

Lifetime Member
Feb 22, 2020
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Flat spot on a tire or 2 from sitting. Add a little more air all the way around and see if that stops it. Higher speed run will also sling em out round again. Tires been off recently, did the lug nuts fall back into chamfer? 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Mudwing and Isaiah
Gabbas

Gabbas

May 17, 2020
Humboldt, Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The way your camera is bouncing with the sound I will 99% say it's a tire issue. . Mine sounded like that until I changed the stock blackwater's. I used to have the 12" steel wheels. Upgraded to Beadlocked 14's with 28x10-14 Maxxis Carnivores all the way around and never heard it again.

Reactions: Isaiah and Russ989
advertisement
A

AZdonW

Sep 6, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
As stated above, did you have one off and remounted, perhaps the rim is not seated properly to the hub.
Or you bent a rim at huntin camp.
I took one wheel off to allow me to remove the sway bar. I think it was the rear driver side. I guess I should check that out. I'm pretty sure we didn't bend a wheel at elk camp. Didn't do any fast driving at all. Mostly putted around.

Reactions: wrhii and Isaiah
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I'm betting a tire or wheel problem. Have someone else drive and you follow, looking at all 4 corners. I chased an imbalanced tire in my truck and couldn't find it but as soon a my dog knocked the rearview mirror crooked, pointing it at the left rear corner of the bed, it was bouncing like a b****. :eek:

RockRain

RockRain

Sep 2, 2018
UT
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That sounds exactly like what mine did with the stock tires on 12 wheels. When I replaced them with terrabites it was a night and day difference in how much smoother it went down the road and I haven't had that noise since the switch.

Reactions: Gabbas
A

AZdonW

Sep 6, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
That sounds exactly like what mine did with the stock tires on 12 wheels. When I replaced them with terrabites it was a night and day difference in how much smoother it went down the road and I haven't had that noise since the switch.
Thanks, that's helpful!
I remounted the two rear wheels (man were the nuts on tight!) and checked the rear diff oil (maybe 1/4" down from the check hole). I'm pretty sure that's not very low. And here was the results. I think it's better, but you can still hear some wah, wah, wah.
After remounting wheels

RockRain

RockRain

Sep 2, 2018
UT
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks, that's helpful!
I remounted the two rear wheels (man were the nuts on tight!) and checked the rear diff oil (maybe 1/4" down from the check hole). I'm pretty sure that's not very low. And here was the results. I think it's better, but you can still hear some wah, wah, wah.
After remounting wheels
Good deal! It does sound quieter now. At least you know that it made a difference and that's what is making the noise.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!