P1000m5 Signed on the dotted line today P1000-5 LE!

UKNB

UKNB

Apr 18, 2017
Fredericton NB Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A summary of our inaugural run with our new 2017-P1K5LE. Accessories = Hard roof, bed extender, rear fabric window, Warn 4500 winch.

Put on 157 km/95 miles 18.3 litres/ 4.75 USG fuel - 3rd bar on fuel gauge just extinguished when we ended our run. . It was an easy trail....abandoned rail bed all the way. Very little change in topography. Ran 25-35 mph most all day

Ran mostly turf mode and used 2WLock for a couple of wet spots.... probably could of stayed in turf mod...e.

The 2017 models have not cured the hot seat problem. Oddly it seemed the heat would come and go, but it was quite noticeable on a 70F day. I know what they mean when the steam hits... got a hot surge on a couple of puddles. Had to move the soft sided cooler to the bench to try to keep the ice. Engine temp gauge never moved off of 2 bars.

Wished I played with the suspension more. Stayed at #2 setting. Seemed a little stiff, but this is my first SxS so I don't have much to compare it too.

Power is fantastic, and the convenience of the automatic transmission was exceptional. I really really liked being able to down shift rather than brake. Never tried the Manual or Sport mode yet.... had too much fun in automatic. I did notice that sometime when I did manually downshift to come to a stop or anytime I downshifted to 1st gear, when I accelerated, occasionally there seemed to be an excessive lag time before shifting to full automatic... and several times I had to upshift manually to get out of first gear when I was in auto mode... thoughts? Had a couple of steep inclines and the engine braking was great during the decent !!!!

Seat comfort and roominess of the cab is excellent. I'm a big fella and there was tons of "belly to steering wheel" clearance even with the tilt steering all the way down. My wife can have back issues on long runs... not a comment nor complaint of discomfort all day.

The pups loved it....going to build them a better pen for travel. Just had doggie beds in the back but will want to build something with sides and well padded for comfort and rough trails.

I fixed a passenger door rattle before hitting the trail... and I need to adjust the rear passenger as it rattled noticeably during the day.

Hot seat will be cured before next run - and definitely needs to be extended to cover the lower back area too.... if that can be done?

Didn't get a chance to try I4WD or the hill assist.... next time.

Will be replacing my ratchet straps with "hooks" with ratchet straps with "hooks with a keeper". Had one strap let go from the d-ring tie down 3 times while transporting. Will fix that with the clip in hooks next trip.

We had a ball, got lotsa looks on the trail... not many LEs around yet. Cant wait for next run.

Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
I took one they already had there. I had a trade in so my numbers could be a bit different. They gave me 2250 off and about 15k on a trade I had. That beat out all other dealerships in NB. I seen that extended warranty for 3 years was like 1395, I will likely go the same route. They give the first years warranty time to extend it at same cost. I beat on them pretty hard.

I bought another 3 years Honda warranty off E bay for $479. They wanted $650 and accepted my $475 offer and $4 mailing fee. It's right thru Honda from a Honda dealer. Got 4 years total including the year Warranty that came with the machine. $1395 is to much.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
A summary of our inaugural run with our new 2017-P1K5LE. Accessories = Hard roof, bed extender, rear fabric window, Warn 4500 winch.

Put on 157 km/95 miles 18.3 litres/ 4.75 USG fuel - 3rd bar on fuel gauge just extinguished when we ended our run. . It was an easy trail....abandoned rail bed all the way. Very little change in topography. Ran 25-35 mph most all day

Ran mostly turf mode and used 2WLock for a couple of wet spots.... probably could of stayed in turf mod...e.

The 2017 models have not cured the hot seat problem. Oddly it seemed the heat would come and go, but it was quite noticeable on a 70F day. I know what they mean when the steam hits... got a hot surge on a couple of puddles. Had to move the soft sided cooler to the bench to try to keep the ice. Engine temp gauge never moved off of 2 bars.

Wished I played with the suspension more. Stayed at #2 setting. Seemed a little stiff, but this is my first SxS so I don't have much to compare it too.

Power is fantastic, and the convenience of the automatic transmission was exceptional. I really really liked being able to down shift rather than brake. Never tried the Manual or Sport mode yet.... had too much fun in automatic. I did notice that sometime when I did manually downshift to come to a stop or anytime I downshifted to 1st gear, when I accelerated, occasionally there seemed to be an excessive lag time before shifting to full automatic... and several times I had to upshift manually to get out of first gear when I was in auto mode... thoughts? Had a couple of steep inclines and the engine braking was great during the decent !!!!

Seat comfort and roominess of the cab is excellent. I'm a big fella and there was tons of "belly to steering wheel" clearance even with the tilt steering all the way down. My wife can have back issues on long runs... not a comment nor complaint of discomfort all day.

The pups loved it....going to build them a better pen for travel. Just had doggie beds in the back but will want to build something with sides and well padded for comfort and rough trails.

I fixed a passenger door rattle before hitting the trail... and I need to adjust the rear passenger as it rattled noticeably during the day.

Hot seat will be cured before next run - and definitely needs to be extended to cover the lower back area too.... if that can be done?

Will be replacing my ratchet straps with "hooks" with ratchet straps with "hooks with a keeper". Had one strap let go from the d-ring tie down 3 times while transporting. Will fix that with the clip in hooks next trip.

We had a ball, got lotsa looks on the trail... not many LEs around yet. Cant wait for next run.

Good to hear you're having fun. Great machines for sure.

Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.

Honda's attempt at "fixing" this was a rubber shield and a thicker seat cushion. :rolleyes:

Reactions: UKNB
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Dealership installed seat and partial back insulation, I insulated the back of the seat, back floor boards, steam flash issue is gone, heat is not! I'm going to install a fan or two.

UKNB

UKNB

Apr 18, 2017
Fredericton NB Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dealership installed seat and partial back insulation, I insulated the back of the seat, back floor boards, steam flash issue is gone, heat is not! I'm going to install a fan or two.
Im really amazed that there hasnt been an instance when someone might of been scalded by wearing light clothing or with exposed skin. I had a cotton tshirt and a heavy pair of cargo pant with a sweatshirt hoodie... and I really felt it where it became quite uncomfortable.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!