P1000 Cost of New Pioneer 1000-3 Forest edition

Lakebuster

Lakebuster

Mar 18, 2024
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Found a few 1000-3 Forest editions.

One dealer out of around 10 will sell for MSRP with no dealer fees or no freight.
I had no idea there would be no discounts, like new trucks are offering.
There is a dealer selling new 2022 P1000-3 base models for 15,400 so for 4600 dollars is it worth the price for the new 2024 or get a 2022 and spend money on a brush guard, wheels and tires, winch, storage bin, interior lighting and bed lighting.
Just newly retired I want to get one and be done, my Rzr days are behind me.

Are others seeing any types of discounts?

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Welcome from Mississippi. Have you checked Brookhaven Honda? No fees is good. If you get a base make sure it has power steering. The 2022 that much cheaper sounds good. You would probably buy wheels and tires anyway. Shocks would be the biggest expense,the stock ones suck. What part of Louisiana? I am just off of I-55 south at Exit 72.
#NTC

Lakebuster

Lakebuster

Mar 18, 2024
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Welcome from Mississippi. Have you checked Brookhaven Honda? No fees is good. If you get a base make sure it has power steering. The 2022 that much cheaper sounds good. You would probably buy wheels and tires anyway. Shocks would be the biggest expense,the stock ones suck. What part of Louisiana? I am just off of I-55 south at Exit 72.
#NTC
West side of Ponchatoula on Hwy. 22

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
There is a dealer selling new 2022 P1000-3 base models for 15,400 so for 4600 dollars is it worth the price for the new 2024 or get a 2022 and spend money on a brush guard, wheels and tires, winch, storage bin, interior lighting and bed lighting.
Id jump all over that faster than a flee on a dog at that price. Bought my base 16’ new for that and that was good at the time.
If you get the base and customize it the way you want, you can truly call it your rig and one of a kind. All depends how much time u want to put into it? Alot of guys remove OEM stuff (not found on a base) after a while anyway and do their own thing.
my Rzr days are behind me.
Thank god! Lucky you made it to retirement driving one of those! They dont call them fire traps for nothin 🔥🧯🥳

T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I figured on getting a base model but after I added everything I wanted like a front bumper a windshield and a top and tires and wheels the price was closer to the forest model with everything on it including a winch. So I am going to buy the forest model. Now i just got to decide on a 3 seater or the 6 seater.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I figured on getting a base model but after I added everything I wanted like a front bumper a windshield and a top and tires and wheels the price was closer to the forest model with everything on it including a winch. So I am going to buy the forest model. Now i just got to decide on a 3 seater or the 6 seater.
I’m guessing you mean 3 or 5 not the 6 as I believe the 6 doesn’t come in additional flavors yet.

5 keeps your gear covered which is why I would chose it over a 3 even if I didn’t need the passenger seats. If I was buying new and thought I might want the passenger seats, I’m honestly sold on the 6 at this point. Had I not gotten a used 5 on a deal the 6 is ultimately the direction I would have gone.

Just one dummy’s opinion

Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

One dealer out of around 10 will sell for MSRP with no dealer fees or no freight.

If you are happy with a 3 seater I would buy the 22. There aren't many changes between 22 and 24. Many change wheels and tires anyway regardless of model so the only major add on are the winch and Fox shocks, both easy DIY updates.

Lakebuster

Lakebuster

Mar 18, 2024
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Only thing I could not add is I-4WD, which the way he describes is similar to limited slip that only comes on the trail and forest edition.
This thing is mainly going to be used for my property maintenance, picking up sticks, square bales and the occasional trip to Mena, AR or Ride Royal Blue off of I-75 in Tennessee.
Not going to mud tracks like many do down in Louisiana, I may ride the trails and pull over and watch the young guys with tractor tires go through the deep ruts!

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Only thing I could not add is I-4WD, which the way he describes is similar to limited slip that only comes on the trail and forest edition.
This thing is mainly going to be used for my property maintenance, picking up sticks, square bales and the occasional trip to Mena, AR or Ride Royal Blue off of I-75 in Tennessee.
Not going to mud tracks like many do down in Louisiana, I may ride the trails and pull over and watch the young guys with tractor tires go through the deep ruts!
welcome to the site.

I very much doubt that very many on this site would consider i4wd an upgrade…lol

RacinJasonWV

RacinJasonWV

Aug 8, 2022
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you are happy with a 3 seater I would buy the 22. There aren't many changes between 22 and 24. Many change wheels and tires anyway regardless of model so the only major add on are the winch and Fox shocks, both easy DIY updates.
I’m pretty sure the Fox shocks were dropped on the Forest in the newer models. Believe only the Trail comes with Fox shocks now.

So in my mind that would be the high cost upgrade part but it’s not included in either of the OP’s choices anyhow.

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X

don't discount the talon, I jumped out of a rzr xp, bought a new 17 leftover P-3 for $12K out the door, wife went for one ride and said wtf were u thinking, sold it 2 weeks later for $12.5K with 200 miles on it, picked up a talon

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!