swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Got all these pretty lights and accessories running all the time and my kids play radio and LED lights all the time. So I installed a full size car battery with stock battery and a True UTV isolator. The mount I made was simple but seems to be working. I just used a Napa legend battery I had laying around for now.
The mount on top Is steel angle and the legs are aluminum strap. And 2 bungees for tie downs. It's under drivers seat and connects as posted with 2 inch u- bolts. Easy install. Got the Idea from @joeymt33 and @allgm1
Thanks guys
I used a set of old jumper cables for power and ground and learned if you don't ground The auxiliary battery to frame nothing works right hahaha But at least it got me to check all my wires ten times.
I like the satisfaction knowing I have a backup battery and ample power on hand. Once again thanks to everyone on this sight.:)

IMG 4732 IMG 4736 IMG 4739 IMG 4742

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That’s a big improvement in battery power. Nice

Reactions: swsebek
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Where did you mount the isolator
I took out the tool kit and mounted the isolator too a piece of 3/8 rubber cut to fit that hole.That hole goes down 2 inches then tapers smaller. I also used black RTV sealant on it cause I read where moisture was getting in them.

Reactions: Mudwing and jinx
allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
you shouldn't have any problems now @swsebek , nice job.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Got all these pretty lights and accessories running all the time and my kids play radio and LED lights all the time. So I installed a full size car battery with stock battery and a True UTV isolator. The mount I made was simple but seems to be working. I just used a Napa legend battery I had laying around for now.
The mount on top Is steel angle and the legs are aluminum strap. And 2 bungees for tie downs. It's under drivers seat and connects as posted with 2 inch u- bolts. Easy install. Got the Idea from @joeymt33 and @allgm1
Thanks guys
I used a set of old jumper cables for power and ground and learned if you don't ground The auxiliary battery to frame nothing works right hahaha But at least it got me to check all my wires ten times.
I like the satisfaction knowing I have a backup battery and ample power on hand. Once again thanks to everyone on this sight.:)

View attachment 80132 View attachment 80133 View attachment 80134 View attachment 80135

Needed a simple tray when mounting one under the seat in a P5. Ended up going with this stuff and didn't even have to weld it. Made one for the bottle jack too. FWIW.

Battery tray Battery and jack

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!