P1000 Simple Tire Replacement

Alder Wood

Alder Wood

Jan 13, 2022
Alderwood Manor, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I haven't measured overall height of my buggy before or after. I had 27x9 front, and 27x11 rear, Armstrong tires on the black stock wheels that a '21 Deluxe comes with. Changed out for tusk Terrabyte Aramid 27x10's all around, on MSA Diesel M12 wheels. I remember placing them side by side, but unfortunately, didn't take a pic. Seems like they were a good 1" taller. I will measure later and post the results, but I think buggy would have to be at least 1/2 inch taller overall. Pics below: stock on L aftermarket on R.

IMG 0358 IMG 0375

Last edited:
N

Nvrgiveup

That is exactly what I did, replaced the stock 27's with Terrabyte 28's. Could only get them in 28x10. The upside is that because they are all the same width, I can rotate them, which is IMO, a very good thing.
Do the 10’s all the way around improve handling on trails or did you notice a difference?

Alder Wood

Alder Wood

Jan 13, 2022
Alderwood Manor, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I definitely like the way the 10's handle but It is a little hard to tell if it is because they are 10's or because the Terrabyte tires are so much better. The Armstongs were like 4 or 6 ply (can't remember) and were non DOT. They always felt somewhat squirrely, if you know what I mean. The Terrabytes are 10 ply and seem very solid at all times. Ride nice, steers nice, all around way better feel. The only drawback may be that the Armstrong tires looked a little more aggressive in the tread pattern, but I never took them out into any thing very bad before I changed them out. And honestly, I really wanted to change out the stock wheels/tires for the look of the Terrabytes on the M12's with the red center caps and red lug nuts ('cause red is the fastest color).

N

Nvrgiveup

I definitely like the way the 10's handle but It is a little hard to tell if it is because they are 10's or because the Terrabyte tires are so much better. The Armstongs were like 4 or 6 ply (can't remember) and were non DOT. They always felt somewhat squirrely, if you know what I mean. The Terrabytes are 10 ply and seem very solid at all times. Ride nice, steers nice, all around way better feel. The only drawback may be that the Armstrong tires looked a little more aggressive in the tread pattern, but I never took them out into any thing very bad before I changed them out. And honestly, I really wanted to change out the stock wheels/tires for the look of the Terrabytes on the M12's with the red center caps and red lug nuts ('cause red is the fastest color).
Yep I think the Terrabites tread is a little less aggressive, but I ride pavement, mostly harder packed trails and an occasional mudhole along the way. So I think their tread pattern will be just about perfect for me and my style of riding

Plowboy1466

Plowboy1466

Lifetime Member
Feb 11, 2018
Ashland, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I bought the 29" terrabites and put them on factory deluxe rims. They are so much quitter on paved roads and handle dirt well. They measure 28" aired up. No rub with factory suspension. If you've ever saw a post about tire sizes being incorrect, the terrabites fall into that category........

Last edited:
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought the 29" terrabites and put them on factory deluxe rims. They are so much quitter on paved roads and handle dirt well. They measure 28" aired up. No rub with factory suspension. If you've ever saw a post about tire sizes being incorrect, the terrabites fall into that category.

What width did you get, and were did you buy them?

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!