P1000 Slowandeasy.....

S

slowandeasy

Jun 29, 2015
Palm Bay, FL
Couple pics of progress....

Deleted the rear part of the cage... i have the 3 seater top for it. will be fabricating a speaker hoop to mount off the rollcage where the back half used to mount. mounting a smaller light bar up front inside the bumper hoop so i dont have to deal with ambient light reflecting off my hood or that whitewash you get when mounted on the roof and theres moisture in the air. Pretty big stereo.... i attached a pic of my Kicker KMT series, using a kenwood headunit and an MB quart marine amp. already have my KFI winch mount and a 4500lb winch. got a battery isolator, just waiting on a good deal on a gelcell battery that fits in the spare battery location. just saw hilifter released their lift and will be ordering shortly. already have 29.5 OL2s but they are on the wrong bolt pattern rim so had to buy spacer/adapters. but they set the tire too far out of the wheel well. new rims in the budget :)

still considering snorkel options, a local guy ran his 3" up through the passenger cup holder... meh not feeling that design. i'll be looking for other ideas. currently my biggest goal is to stay on the radar of power commander as well as big gun so when they release their products.... i'm first on the list.

1455022356063 1455022339012 1455022322927 1455022310833 1455022377251

Reactions: pct
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Looking great. Can't wait to see some action pics or videos.

S

slowandeasy

Jun 29, 2015
Palm Bay, FL
currently in the shop... the dang shifter cable is out of adjustment.

adnoh

adnoh

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2013
currently in the shop... the dang shifter cable is out of adjustment.

Arent you the guy from the other forum who was going to get rid his pioneer 1000 because it didnt have as much power as his big red ???????

S

slowandeasy

Jun 29, 2015
Palm Bay, FL
10-4 thats me. really hoping introducing a power commander and performance exhaust will wake it up on the bottom end.

initially i thought they might be cheating and taking out timing on the bottom end, but more and more thinking that first gear is just too tall or engaging before the power band.

Reactions: adnoh
S

slowandeasy

Jun 29, 2015
Palm Bay, FL
they think its the shifter, i think its internal. it skips right over neutral with almost no detent.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
10-4 thats me. really hoping introducing a power commander and performance exhaust will wake it up on the bottom end.

initially i thought they might be cheating and taking out timing on the bottom end, but more and more thinking that first gear is just too tall or engaging before the power band.

Wow! I have not heard someone comment on the power being lower than a big red or pioneer 700. I had a pioneer 700 with Dobeck tuner, KN intake, and a custom exhaust. My pioneer 1000 absolutely destroys my old 700 with low end power and top end power. It will spin the tires on pavement when taking off under full throttle. The low-end power is almost a problem, I have to get used to being easy on the throttle because it will jump forward with just a light tap of the accelerator.

I am not saying that I don't believe you, but maybe there is an issue with your machine.

S

slowandeasy

Jun 29, 2015
Palm Bay, FL
go stick it in some gooey peanut butter mud. see if it gets buck wild. if you can get the RPMS up it lights right up. you see my tires so you know they are hooking. my buddy with a stock 800 teyrx (less HP) can spin his 30" outbax max like nothing.

thing that was awesome about the big red was with the torque converter, if the wheels get in a bind.... the torque converter acts like a multiplier and would allow the engine to rev higher and then the tires would start pulling. granted we're talking half the power in comparison, but still that thing would pull them tires. at twice the power and a low range i would expect huge roosters coming from the tires.... not so.

i'm hard on my equipment and really push it to the limit. only ever snapped two axles in the big red and i WOT snatched out many fullsized trucks. so expect to put it to the limit.... but so far i'm only impressed with mid-upper horsepower and ride quality. i expect a lot of folks that don't ride thick deep mud to never know what i'm talking about. recently rode the hatfield trails and it was flipping awesome. i guess when i see 76hp and low range on a honda along with the claim that gear driven over CVT has less parasitic drag.... i expect to be wowed... so far not.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I understand. I have not put my pioneer 1000 in very thick mud yet. I will soon and maybe understand what you're saying. I guess it surprised me about the comparison to the big red. We all want more power right!? Thanks for the info though. I'm sure the aftermarket will pay more attention to this new SXS. Hopefully something will change it will start to impress you.

Got any cool pics of those rides?

I did plenty of times with my 700 and on several occasions I found that under full throttle it would not spin the tires at all in thick mud. Also, there have been times trying to go up steep hills with passengers in the vehicle that it would not spin the tires under full throttle.

I've been know to push my P700 pretty far too.

07f8a8f89286597e8c312b8780530d75

9ac6809b1ee6f15316e7088209a72acd

amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
go stick it in some gooey peanut butter mud. see if it gets buck wild. if you can get the RPMS up it lights right up. you see my tires so you know they are hooking. my buddy with a stock 800 teyrx (less HP) can spin his 30" outbax max like nothing.

thing that was awesome about the big red was with the torque converter, if the wheels get in a bind.... the torque converter acts like a multiplier and would allow the engine to rev higher and then the tires would start pulling. granted we're talking half the power in comparison, but still that thing would pull them tires. at twice the power and a low range i would expect huge roosters coming from the tires.... not so.

i'm hard on my equipment and really push it to the limit. only ever snapped two axles in the big red and i WOT snatched out many fullsized trucks. so expect to put it to the limit.... but so far i'm only impressed with mid-upper horsepower and ride quality. i expect a lot of folks that don't ride thick deep mud to never know what i'm talking about. recently rode the hatfield trails and it was flipping awesome. i guess when i see 76hp and low range on a honda along with the claim that gear driven over CVT has less parasitic drag.... i expect to be wowed... so far not.

Should have bought a Highlifter RZR if you wanna turn 30's like they're stock tires in gumbo. However, mine spins my 30's in 1 and 2nd gear in rice fields here like they are nothing. I think your expectations for this kind of vehicle are out of whack. Even with a programmer and exhaust, this motor is based off a motor cycle engine which gets into the power-band at higher RPMS, you're not going to get much if any, low end torque unless you go with portals.

advertisement
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

are you trying to spin all 4 tires with the subtranny in 4lock? I don't think any of those other vehicles have the ability to lock all 4 wheels. that may be part of the reason for your observations...

Reactions: Ronaext
jguillot

jguillot

Jan 15, 2016
It's true. Low end is all gearing. Everyone in the south has watched a Suzuki Sumurai slaughter the mud holes with a 4 cylinder. The 1000 is setup for multipurpose use. If you want to be low end heavy it's not hard to convert hp to torque using gears. Honda knows what they're doing, the engineers didn't want a bunch of warranty claim arguments by gearing too low and tearing up axles etc. If your preference is low end WOW simply gear it that way and don't mess with the tune. The bike has more than enough HP.

Reactions: amc019
F

Fullthrottle

Oct 5, 2015
IF yours isn't pulling as hard as a teryx there is something wrong.

M

mottledcitizen

Mar 16, 2015
are you trying to spin all 4 tires with the subtranny in 4lock? I don't think any of those other vehicles have the ability to lock all 4 wheels. that may be part of the reason for your observations...

polaris are true awd locked in..... i ahve no problem turning 30's on a ranger crew 800 before or after i put exhaust on it.

Reactions: PioneerPete
jguillot

jguillot

Jan 15, 2016
Again, hp can be used to make tongue, the 800 ranger has less hp but the 800 may have a different torque converter, clutches and rear gears. Obviously has a different tranny.

How many mud trucks do you see going 90 down the interstate. Not many. Because they're not set up for it.

Honda build multi purpose UTV that was safe and reduces their liability to the owner. If you want yours to pull 44's it can, just have to build it that way.

S

slowandeasy

Jun 29, 2015
Palm Bay, FL
i do have high expectations for sure. but for years honda owners have been asking for twin cyl power and a low. they delivered.... but i think you are 100% correct when it comes to cutting down on warranty claims. hmm..... was hoping for a non-cvt solution to playing in the mud. oh well... reading about burnt up clutches hope theres an upgrade available soon. guess my outlaws will have to sit in the corner until they figure out something to make it hold up.

jguillot

jguillot

Jan 15, 2016
I'm thinking of doing more research and possibly building towards the geared portal direction. Seams like the safest way to go. Anyone have any negative notes towards them. I can't think of many...... Excel $.$$
But if they save from tearing up the rig in the long run, it may be a worthy investment.

amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm thinking of doing more research and possibly building towards the geared portal direction. Seams like the safest way to go. Anyone have any negative notes towards them. I can't think of many...... Excel $.$$
But if they save from tearing up the rig in the long run, it may be a worthy investment.

I know they would put a lot of stress on all suspension components because of the added leverage at the knuckles. What size tire would you want to be running that would require such a large gear reduction and lift? 34's? I think the P1000 can handle 30-32's at is as long as you use manual mode in the thick stuff. I can keep my RPMS up and get my 30's turning just fine in first gear, and second.

jguillot

jguillot

Jan 15, 2016
I'd like really tall, almost all terrains. Grabs deep and doesn't dig you into a grave.
Ive had the biggest lugs available but gone through the same holes with KO2's and had more fun spinning through

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!