P700 Small LED

P

PolkaJoe

Nov 5, 2017
NEPA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hey all, looking for some tips on which LED lights have worked out well for you guys.

I'm looking to add 2 small pod style lights to the lower front roll bars and 2 in the rear (switched separately) for behind.

What lights have impressed/not impressed you and what mounting ideas worked out well?

Thanks in advance for all your help and thoughts.

Dribbles

Dribbles

Apr 30, 2017
Land O Lakes, FL
Ownership

1. 700-2
I would not worry about brand names at all. I paid $60 for a 52" curved light bar and it lights up the woods at night. I got a couple cube lights off amazon, $13 a pair and they are great. Did the same thing you planned on doing, 2 in front and 2 in rear Main thing you have to look out on the cubes is flood vs spot lights.

Let me look thru my purchases and see if I can find the mounts I used.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hey all, looking for some tips on which LED lights have worked out well for you guys.

I'm looking to add 2 small pod style lights to the lower front roll bars and 2 in the rear (switched separately) for behind.

What lights have impressed/not impressed you and what mounting ideas worked out well?

Thanks in advance for all your help and thoughts.

Nilight Led Light Bar 2PCS 18w 4" Flood Driving Fog Light Off Road Lights Boat Lights driving lights Led Work Light SUV Jeep Lamp,2 years Warranty https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IY3YLCI/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
I've got a 32" Auxbeam light bar on the front and 2 Auxbeam cubes on the back. I've beat on them for about a year and a half with no problems. They were fairly cheap on Amazon as well. Also have an Auxbeam light bar on my Tacoma with no problems.

P

PolkaJoe

Nov 5, 2017
NEPA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Ill look in to those as well. I swapped out the headlights to the LED drop ins, that has helped some. Not so much total light output, but the color (for me) seems to help see more and I don't have halogen hotspots ... just even light all the way across.

Reactions: Tuco69
Tuco69

Tuco69

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2017
Middle Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Went with Quadboss light bar on front (mounted to front bumper), same brand for back up light. I used the reverse alarm wiring for it. I mounted it beneath the bed. I like both.

Tuco69

Tuco69

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2017
Middle Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ill look in to those as well. I swapped out the headlights to the LED drop ins, that has helped some. Not so much total light output, but the color (for me) seems to help see more and I don't have halogen hotspots ... just even light all the way across.

Mind sharing part number and where they came from?

Superfan75

Superfan75

Jul 16, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 700-4
I've gotten some nice cheap LEDs on eBay. I got a 42" light bar in the front for $45 and a 12" out back for $25 with the wiring kits. I also got some round 27w LEDs for my tractor and as backup lights on my trailer for $20 a pair. Don't be scared of the cheap price they are nice lights. And if you break one your not out much $$$.

Reactions: ohanacreek
P

PolkaJoe

Nov 5, 2017
NEPA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Ok, so I ended up getting a 6” LED single row and mounted it in the center of the gap between the upper front bumper tubes. I chose the driving pattern for decent distance and reasonable width. Wow .... this thing is way brighter than I thought it would be for a 6” Light. Simple, extremely effective and doesn’t look gaudy.

Reactions: Superfan75
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!