P500 snorkel for p500

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
I see that there is a factory snorkel for the P1K is there one also for the P500.?I would really like to put one on my P5 but don't want to void my wurenty.

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Pix of what I did to mine and you can always put it back to stock, mind you I'm not intentionally heading into the deep with it. Pix are in my sig link. So far I'd say it's worked awesome and has reduced filter change out significantly.

j

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
Pix of what I did to mine and you can always put it back to stock, mind you I'm not intentionally heading into the deep with it. Pix are in my sig link. So far I'd say it's worked awesome and has reduced filter change out significantly.

j
Wow, that is the fastest reply yet and thanks I will be checking it out.

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Wow, that is the fastest reply yet and thanks I will be checking it out.
You are welcome, easy to assemble I used black plastic pipe and just glued it together with the specific yellow glue you get from hardware store. You'll see I added a larger diameter section of pipe to soften the harsh intake note (sorta shade tree tuning). Pipe was 2" and 3" diameter standard plastic drain pipe.

j

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
You are welcome, easy to assemble I used black plastic pipe and just glued it together with the specific yellow glue you get from hardware store. You'll see I added a larger diameter section of pipe to soften the harsh intake note (sorta shade tree tuning). Pipe was 2" and 3" diameter standard plastic drain pipe.

j
How do I find your mod to vew it?

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
I see that there is a factory snorkel for the P1K is there one also for the P500.?I would really like to put one on my P5 but don't want to void my wurenty.
Increasing the cleanliness of your air intake system will not void your warranty . A friend of mine went to hardware store with his p5 and bought black plastic pipe and elbows . Attached to his stock air intake then ran it up under the top of his roof and put a uni filter up there with a otter sock on it . Now he needs to change the stock filter every 1000 miles maybe .

Reactions: trigger
Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
Increasing the cleanliness of your air intake system will not void your warranty . A friend of mine went to hardware store with his p5 and bought black plastic pipe and elbows . Attached to his stock air intake then ran it up under the top of his roof and put a uni filter up there with a otter sock on it . Now he needs to change the stock filter every 1000 miles maybe .
I will check with the local Honda dealer and If that's the case I'll do the same.

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
How do I find your mod to vew it?
Click on link in signature, will take you to my Dropbox account and you will see folders Click on the P5 Intake and also P5 Cab folder to show how the intake integrates with my cab.

j

Last edited:
Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
Click on link in signature, will take you to my Dropbox account and you will see folders Click on the P5 Intake and also P5 Cab folder to show how the intake integrates with my cab.

j
Thanks JCart will do

advertisement
Talen

Talen

Aug 7, 2015
Central PA
Click the swamped link.

I had to use a reduced end andvfile it on a bevel to fit in rubber sleeve on air box. But it fits right in and clamps down. I still need to run new vent lines for diffs , fuel tank and radiator

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Click the swamped link.

I had to use a reduced end andvfile it on a bevel to fit in rubber sleeve on air box. But it fits right in and clamps down. I still need to run new vent lines for diffs , fuel tank and radiator
You have to take the rack off to do it that way right? Why not just do it up near the roll bar?
I'm just asking what was gained by going back that far?

Talen

Talen

Aug 7, 2015
Central PA
No. I used two rubber couplers so i could install in several pieces. I guess it seemed just as complicated to make it fit onto stock snorkel. And i didnt want to cut it. Though i did cut black fender towaeds cab. But you cant see it. The negative to replacing stock intake is noise. It doesnt bother me. But you can definitely hear it haha

Talen

Talen

Aug 7, 2015
Central PA
I dont think i would trust that thin cheap intake to keepnout water either

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!