P500 Swamped....

joey400ex

joey400ex

Mar 18, 2015
Has anyone swamped their P500 yet? I was crossing a creek which I have crossed many times with no issues and fell into a hole and let off the gas and stalled (intake do not go underwater). Apparently a jacked up jeep got stuck and dug a deep hole the previous week. I pulled it out and let the exhaust drain, checked the oil and it was clear, it fired right up for about 2 minutes at idle and cut off. I was not able to get it to restart and then checked the oil and it was milky. Went straight home to spent a lot in oil and filters.

I changed the oil and ran it for a minute or so and it drained mostly clear, it fired right up and then cut again. I checked the fuel and it had a lot of water in it, so I drained it and added fresh fuel. I then changed the oil 2 more times running it 5 minutes. Yesterday, I drained it after running 15 minutes and it was 99% clear with a little film in the oil at the very end of the oil drain. So I changed it with GNC4 oil again. I also changed the oil filter with every oil change. It has fired up and ran great since the first oil change but I am going to run it this weekend and change the oil again after a half day of use. I also drained the front and rear gear oil which was fine, check the radiator which as fine, and drained the gas tank, added inline fuel filter and put some seafoam in it.

I was scared I might have messed up the top end or bottom but it appears to run fine with no issues. Very minimal grit in filter when I changed oil. Anyone with same experience? Any thought or suggestions? I hear a lot of people hydrolocking foreman 500's and not phasing them.

Reactions: Gem99Ultra
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I've seen P500's stand in as U-boats, like below:

Reactions: kye
Buryit

Buryit

Sep 18, 2015
National Forest, NW AR
I avoid water over half as deep as tires are tall on any kind of rig. Changed to many axels in my time. I tend to walk across if uncertain. Got over repairing water damage years ago but I had fun.

joey400ex

joey400ex

Mar 18, 2015
I ran it for 4 hours last night and it ran like a champ. Gonna change the oil again and hopefully everything goes well. I don't usually go deep but when you fall into hole what can you do?

Reactions: SBuckJ
Talen

Talen

Aug 7, 2015
Central PA
Swamped mine over the weekend. My buddy went through a mud hole on his sportsman 570. So I figured I could too. But didn't hit it right. Leaned over to driver side. Sucked in muddy water. Had to be towed by my buddies razor quite a ways. Did a bunch of oil changes. Had mud laying in intake port of injection. But I got it fired up. Gonna do a couple more oil changes. Run some mystery oil through. And carb cleaner.

Talen

Talen

Aug 7, 2015
Central PA
Here is a pic

Imagejpeg 0

advertisement
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Z

zxylene

Nov 28, 2015
Carlisle, PA
Spend the time to clean it as much as you can. Carb too drain the carb and clean do extra oil changes for a while. I save all my oil from changes after I first swamped my foreman as it can get expensive running oil through.

Talen

Talen

Aug 7, 2015
Central PA
So it seems good to go. I'm impressed. I didn't realize you should not try to start it when hydrolocked. So i did try out there. Regardless. It seems to run fine after 6 oil changes and 2 filter changes. I added a snorkel now

joey400ex

joey400ex

Mar 18, 2015
Mine is still going strong, it's under warranty so I did not snorkel but extended the fuel tank breather line. It did get spacers to help with the top heaviness of it.

Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Swamped mine this spring on the river and had to take out the plug and stand it on end. Couple oil changes later along with the front and rear dif and running totally fine.

We pulled the plug and cranked it over for a while looked like the damn fountain from Las Vegas Lol. The plug was fine but I bought a new one and replaced it anyway and carry it as a "spare".

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!