Snorkel Q?

M

Melikiehonduh

Jun 9, 2014
I have 2013 MUV700 and I checked the oil the other day and saw it was a little milky. I must have taken in some water, however there was no water in the air box or the drain tube. I changed oil immediately.

I now going to buy a snorkel kit to prevent this from happening again for the air-intake.

Can anyone tell me what all intakes need snorkel-ed? Is it just air intake only? I've heard that the tranny/rr diff also may need one as well. Also, should I check any of the other fluids or compartments for damage from being in high water?

Thanks.

M

Melikiehonduh

Jun 9, 2014
Also, I'm thinking about adjusting my preset suspension(1 thru 5), I'll be doing some trail riding and climbing hills. I pretty sure I want suspension to be soft for better traction and handling.

Does anyone have any input on changing the settings? How hard/easy, required tools, etc.

I think the factory preset is 3.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Hello. Welcome to the community.

What is your plans for water? Are you looking for the " just in case" snorkel or looking to take it snorkeling.

For deep water riding.
Air box, front and rear diff, fuel tank, and some say coolent overflow.

For a just in case snorkel, just the air box. But check on the other listed items to insure they vent somewhere up high.

The transmission vents to the air box. Check it to insure it is sealed and it will be ok.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Melikiehonduh said:
Fyi muv700 is big red
Yep. Will be set up the same.

So, whats your reason for needing a snorkel?
For the "just in case" I hit a deep hole...
or
do you plan on following this guy?

M

Melikiehonduh

Jun 9, 2014
No deep deep water. Only occasional mud holes from time to time.

Anyone have any feedback on the suspension q? I'm going riding this weekend would like to adjust if needed....depending on difficulty.

M

Melikiehonduh

Jun 9, 2014
can somebody send me some pictures of their rear differential vent and fuel vent being snorkeled?

M

Melikiehonduh

Jun 9, 2014
Just installed new snorkel kit on my 2013 BR. Pretty sweet!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Looks good, great job. Now we want to see it being put to the test. A good snorkel always helps for the "just in case" situations.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!