AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you also do the sub, diffs, gas tank, etc?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice. I'm behind on my upgrades, but I'm working on it. Skid plates are going on this weekend. Then I'll start working in the snorkel. Everyone here has so many good ideas. This forum is awesome.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks like you may deep enough to win a prize in the next photo contest;). The bar has been set.
I'm hoping a huge splash will win out lol

Flip87

Flip87

Jun 21, 2016
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice. I'm behind on my upgrades, but I'm working on it. Skid plates are going on this weekend. Then I'll start working in the snorkel. Everyone here has so many good ideas. This forum is awesome.

Snorkel kit was nice that I got. You can see it in my main pic. Comes out side of fender then up the roll bar. Every sxs has a snorkel here in Florida. Can't go anywhere without one.

Reactions: swampsnake
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After what happened to Cumminspusher, I think you'd be crazy to not have some sort of snorkel. Or at least a modified intake.

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After what happened to Cumminspusher, I think you'd be crazy to not have some sort of snorkel. Or at least a modified intake.
Exactly. That freaked me out. I do a lot more rock and mud, but occasionally find some deeper water. Definitely don't want to take the chance.

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Only problem though is that snorkel voids warranty...
If you do it through the hood, and have a replacement hood, you can remove it easily. No harm, no foul.

Flip87

Flip87

Jun 21, 2016
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Exactly. That freaked me out. I do a lot more rock and mud, but occasionally find some deeper water. Definitely don't want to take the chance.

How much is the warrenty worth if they will not cover it anyways. $185 for snorkel, replace sxs $18000. Progressive insurance for full replacement, even sinking it with no depreciation $550 a year. Also when you are trailering it and someone hits you then you are out of sxs too. Not bad. Not putting Honda down but they are going to try their hardest not to pay for anything if they can help it. Not having to worry about a little water anymore is awesome.

Werk

Werk

May 27, 2016
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can tell you my snorkel is the easiest you will find. For taking in for warranty you need a $30 hood piece and my snorkel clamps on with two hose clamps. I have had water over my steering wheel and never had a problem.

Reactions: swampsnake
HoundDog

HoundDog

Sep 11, 2016
North Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How much is the warrenty worth if they will not cover it anyways. $185 for snorkel, replace sxs $18000. Progressive insurance for full replacement, even sinking it with no depreciation $550 a year. Also when you are trailering it and someone hits you then you are out of sxs too. Not bad. Not putting Honda down but they are going to try their hardest not to pay for anything if they can help it. Not having to worry about a little water anymore is awesome.
I am going to look into that insurance, I hade Safeco and it took two months for them to write a check, witch was in the 12k zone when I owed 19 and then the gap coverage didn't even cover the rest. I have been making two buggie payments for months.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!