P700m4 Snorkleing

MattSadler

MattSadler

Feb 17, 2017
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 700-4
When my wife opened the box that the snorkle kit for my p700-4 came in she looked at it and said "what is this "? As i explained what a snorkle was and what benifits putting one on our bike has; she made the comment, " I dont know why u got that, Im not going to go swimming while rideing with you". Haha, I havnt had a chance yet but i will; and ill get her good. Ill make sure she has her seat belt on and I am ready to be slapped.
However, I wanted to know if anybody else had put snorkle kits on thier build, what they thought of them and what they thought about the other breather lines other than the intake? There are 4; the front/rear diff., the radiator fan, and the gas ⛽️ tank. I ended up useing the two spaces on the "warrior riser"( that are for the breather tubes ) for the fan and gas tank. The differential Tubes are plugged into the hollow frame from the factory. Did anyone do differently? Pls let me know.

IMG 1151 IMG 1206

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
looks good. Ive been debating if i wanted to go that route or make my own.

Ive also been curious if the diffs need to be raised since they are going into the frame

MattSadler

MattSadler

Feb 17, 2017
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 700-4
looks good. Ive been debating if i wanted to go that route or make my own.

Ive also been curious if the diffs need to be raised since they are going into the frame
Same question; what i wonder is, with the diameter of the tubing used (stock) for the diff; how much water could get in, in the amount of time someone is actually in the water. It is very small line and on top of that the frame would have to fill up first. But the kit i bought did suggest raiseinv it anyways.

MattSadler

MattSadler

Feb 17, 2017
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 700-4
Same question; what i wonder is, with the diameter of the tubing used (stock) for the diff; how much water could get in, in the amount of time someone is actually in the water. It is very small line and on top of that the frame would have to fill up first. But the kit i bought did suggest raiseinv it anyways.
What kind of tires do u have on ur bike?

Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
27" Bear claw HTR

I dont plan to go in anything deep. I just wanna snorkel just in case. Done a few creek crossings that have made me nervous.
IMG 6585

Reactions: MattSadler
MattSadler

MattSadler

Feb 17, 2017
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 700-4
27" Bear claw HTR

I dont plan to go in anything deep. I just wanna snorkel just in case. Done a few creek crossings that have made me nervous.View attachment 38236
I like the one that i got, it was easy to put in, but make sure u have a good hacksaw, the pipe u have to cut is in a tight spot( i ended up takeing it out.) I had never had a honda before this bike, and am a fan of CVT's, but honestly the only flaw i have found with the whole setup is in the air intake. My bike before this was a rhino 450, and with no passengers and no gear it would float; but the air intake was much higher than the pioneer(stock) ( loved the rhino, but not asmuch as my pioneer )

Reactions: Dragon21
Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Does the 27's slow u down? What is there true measurement?. They look good.
I notice a little loss in power. I added the 3D exhaust tip and UNI filter. Hopefully with the snorkel it will help a little as well. I wish they made these in a 28x10. I would have liked to do that for all 4. But the HTR's had really good reviews.

Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I think monday ill pick up some 2" PVC and couplings to put one together.

advertisement
MattSadler

MattSadler

Feb 17, 2017
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 700-4
I think monday ill pick up some 2" PVC and couplings to put one together.
Im anxious to see how it turns out, take some pics pls. Also, what is the UNI filter?
( i made an tip for mine, i like it alot )

Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
UNI filter is a foam air filter. The end of the OEM filter is rubber so restricts air flow. The uni filter has complete foam coverage so should allow for better airflow.

Reactions: MattSadler
M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
The diffs will fill up with water if you don't move them the rear diff vent is really low the front one is above your radiator so it's probably ok unless your gonna go dash deep

MattSadler

MattSadler

Feb 17, 2017
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 700-4
The diffs will fill up with water if you don't move them the rear diff vent is really low the front one is above your radiator so it's probably ok unless your gonna go dash deep
Ok, thanks

J

JTW

UNI filter is a foam air filter. The end of the OEM filter is rubber so restricts air flow. The uni filter has complete foam coverage so should allow for better airflow.
Just FYI.. that added airflow means larger particles can get in. We rode Brimstone back in the fall and one of my buddies with a uni filter had issues due to all the dust. His ride was cut short because the filter allowed dust to dirty up a sensor and throw things out of whack. We're talking extreme dust.. but sometimes you don't know until you're there what the conditions will be.

Reactions: joeymt33
Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Just FYI.. that added airflow means larger particles can get in. We rode Brimstone back in the fall and one of my buddies with a uni filter had issues due to all the dust. His ride was cut short because the filter allowed dust to dirty up a sensor and throw things out of whack. We're talking extreme dust.. but sometimes you don't know until you're there what the conditions will be.

I didnt think the pores in the filter were larger. I thought it was getting more airflow due to the end not being rubber. I might need to carry my OEM one with me incase its dusty if thats the case. Thanks!

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

I didnt think the pores in the filter were larger. I thought it was getting more airflow due to the end not being rubber. I might need to carry my OEM one with me incase its dusty if thats the case. Thanks!
No problem..if you research the K&N and UNI type filters you'll see the issues many have had. They're fine on an atv but these larger machines just suck so much harder that it causes a problem in some cases.

Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
No problem..if you research the K&N and UNI type filters you'll see the issues many have had. They're fine on an atv but these larger machines just suck so much harder that it causes a problem in some cases.

Thanks, guess I need to consider putting the OEM filter back on.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!