Snow limits!

B

binfordw

Oct 15, 2013
We had some pretty good drifting last week (for Indiana), many county roads were impassible to 4x4's. I threw a couple shovels in the back and went towards a friends house just to check the roads. I found a section pretty quick that was drifted shut, it looked semi-possible, but It didn't happen. Backing up drove me into the deeper section towards the ditch, which made backing out slow. I had to shovel a few feet from behind the pioneer to aid speed in reverse to ram the snow. (The reverse limiter really hinders this, without the limiter it would have been much easier to back up- and likely not required any shovel work!)

This was where I got out to shovel a bit. after freeing up a couple feet, I was able to back out and turn around in the drift. If we had snow like this all the time, I'd definitely have a set of tracks! Overall, very impressed with how well it handles snow!

Photo13 1

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
Hey that looks like most of the back roads around here.We carry a shovel in both machine's and we've had to use it many times this winter.It's gotten to the point that if it looks bad we turn around. We've been just trying to keep to the ploughed out back roads,but as long as we stay on the desinated ATV routes were ok. In our area were allowed on certain roads with ATV's as long as we belong to the club and have our machine's registered.We of course live only one mile away from the outer edge and that's were we usually ride. I have trails though my bush that we like to ride,just around home home but right now way to much snow for that. Lot of peeps go riding down the River's etc: but to me thats risky. The way I look at it now that Groundhog day is done and a early spring is forcasted we'll be out riding sooner then we know.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Binfordw, that's some snow there. People down here would starve to death if that happened around here. I do have it on my bucket list to make a winter trip to somewhere it snowed like that at least once. We go to TN mountains but still only 3 to 5 inches max.
Really, I say all that. But id probably be tired of it and ready to leave within the hour. Lol.

Still. Wonderful shot.
Thanks for sharing.

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
I did the reverse over ride yes you probably would back right out. it seams funny to here it shift in to second gear while backing up plowing.
its got me out of a lot of places I would not get out of with out it.

C

Clarky

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2013
What is the reverse override? I didn't realize there was a limiter in reverse.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Clarky said:
What is the reverse override? I didn't realize there was a limiter in reverse.
Ya, if you ever get stuck the Pioneer will start to spit and shudder around 10 MPH. the reverse rev limiter kicks in. It stops you from powering out of a mud hole and what not in reverse.

HondaTim

HondaTim

Feb 8, 2014
Spifyd ... are you saying you know how to override the reverse?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!