Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
No doubt, you will love it. I bought a new '14 350. It's without a doubt, the best truck I've owned. The Platinum is the way to go too.. has all the cool shiat. Love's my heated steering wheel in the winter, and the cooled seats in the summer. :)
Yep, and the ride, nearly like a 1/2 ton. I had drove the Denali diesel HD and IMO, the ride on the Platinum 250 was better. Still, the cost of these buggers is crazy...

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yep, and the ride, nearly like a 1/2 ton. I had drove the Denali diesel HD and IMO, the ride on the Platinum 250 was better. Still, the cost of these buggers is crazy...
oh, I know.. Mine had an MSRP of 67K and change in '14. I snagged it for about 57. Same truck now is mid to high 70's. Crazy.

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Not crazy... just stupid! There’s no damn reason for average vehicles to cost as much or half as much as a house.

Lol! I don’t know what it’s like where you live, but 70k doesn’t buy s*** here.
We just looked at a fixer upper to possibly flip.
Nice neighborhood, 1500 sq feet, 3 bdrm, 2 ba, built in the 70’s. Place is near gutted. No flooring, popcorn ceilings, no landscaping etc...
204k.
What’s scary, is it’ll be sold within a week.

Compare prices of anything from years ago, & you’ll find the average price of auto’s Is pretty much in line.

Reactions: lee and Mudwing
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What gets me is they add 2 doors, 3’ of frame, driveshaft, wire, body and brake lines....and the price doubles.

I call BS, but supply and demand.

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
Iv'e been drooling ever since the LML came out, and for the past two years I have been kicking tires so much that the salesmen wouldn't even bother to chase me down. When PPEI broke the ECM, it was time to buy.

View attachment 92962
Nice truck! At work - we're a contractor - my bosses both drive 2018 LML Chevy 2500's. They pull every flipping day, and they pull heavy. On one 3-hour trip north to the reservation for a big demolition job, I added up the weight on our Kaufman gooseneck, with trailer and the load on the trailer, that truck was pulling 28K pounds. That's what was hitched to the truck! It did fine, there and back - normal highway speed. These trucks are impressive.

Reactions: BWAF
J

JTW

Lol! I don’t know what it’s like where you live, but 70k doesn’t buy s*** here.
We just looked at a fixer upper to possibly flip.
Nice neighborhood, 1500 sq feet, 3 bdrm, 2 ba, built in the 70’s. Place is near gutted. No flooring, popcorn ceilings, no landscaping etc...
204k.
What’s scary, is it’ll be sold within a week.

Compare prices of anything from years ago, & you’ll find the average price of auto’s Is pretty much in line.
There are still copious nice homes under 200k in this part of the world. What you described would be 70k or less. Hence my point.. that truck is still 70k. It’s ridiculous.. I did it too. But it doesn’t make it any less retarded!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
There are still copious nice homes under 200k in this part of the world. What you described would be 70k or less. Hence my point.. that truck is still 70k. It’s ridiculous.. I did it too. But it doesn’t make it any less retarded!
My sister has been office Mgr. for a GM dealer ship and now Subaru, she's has told me that the MGF. don't make much on cars unless it's a Mustang, Camaro, Vette, they (MGF) make the profit on trucks. They spend most of there advertising $ on trucks.

Reactions: Plumber32
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!