P1000 Soft cab video?

CarneyRacing

CarneyRacing

Oct 19, 2015
Hello All,

My brother and I each ordered our P1K deluxe this weekend. We are both getting the glass windshield, hard top, and fabric doors and rear panels. Can anyone tell me or point me to a video that shows how the soft doors and rear panel work? Can they be rolled up for airflow through the cab? Can they be partially opened, or is it either fully up or fully down? Do they open with the door, or do you un-clip them like the safety nets and roll them out of the way to get into and out of the cab?

Thanks for any info.

-Steve

Johnny_C

Johnny_C

Nov 19, 2015
Western N. Carolina
The door adders are attached to the top
of the doors, and open with the doors.
They can be removed, but it would take
a lot of work, but not worth it to me so far.

They have zippers to roll them down,
and can be stowed with straps.

The rear panel has zippers for opening
as well, and it rolls up & can be stowed
at the top like on a Jeep.

I like them. They will be good for cold
& wet weather. Dust protection, as well,
I suppose.

John

C

cc1999

Feb 5, 2016
KS/OK
That's good to know.

I would still be interested in seeing one of these setup on a machine and how it all works.

I have read they are not all that easy to remove. I am thinking I would only want to rig them up on there maybe once or twice a year for really big trips out to Colorado where weather can create some real issues with cold or rain or sleet or snow etc. The rest of the time we would be taking these things on day trips in the general area we they can be planned out around weather issues, and temperature and rain are not likely to be an issue.

Looks like this thread was started back in November last year.
Just wondering has anyone run across any video's or pictures of how these soft half doors and rear windows work? How are they to live with when mounted on the machines intrusions wile operating the machine and how easy are they to install and removal.

Johnny_C

Johnny_C

Nov 19, 2015
Western N. Carolina
So far I have only ridden in the snow.
I think I am going to keep them place
to keep out the dust, unless it just
gets too hot sometime.

Up2It

Up2It

Jan 9, 2016
Calgary Alberta
We have the complete system on our machine. The door fabric is added to the top of the doors, and you have a little pull tab on the outside to open the door, as there are not handles on the outside. There are pretty good gaps, however they are no worse than the gaps around the plastic doors! So far, it seems like it will really help in the winter with the wind, however I really have to reduce the amount of air coming through the dash. It is excessive. We have the 5, and with the back panel, and I am starting to think about adding the back panel from the 3, to reduce the cool from the back seat (when they are not being used) The mid panel might also make the machine quieter, as it is quite a bit noisier when all closed in...

Johnny_C

Johnny_C

Nov 19, 2015
Western N. Carolina
I was driving our 1k3 when it was 17 degrees.
I dressed as if I was going to be walking, as
always, but after 10 minutes or so, the heat
coming up from the engine made it really
nice inside. I have noticed the air through
the dash, and I will look into a remedy for
that.

John

Reactions: Cal

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!