Spare tire mount?

B

bbdo

Nov 1, 2013
we are planning some expedition-style trips into the desert of Moab next spring, and will most definitely want to bring a spare tire. does anyone know of any carrier options yet? I saw one company who's name I cannot remember that made a carrier that used the hitch mount, for the RZR and Can-Am I think.

We are considering just taking the UTV from Grand Junction CO to Moab UT - and maybe bringing along a trailer of some sort for our camping stuff. Should be a 2-3 day trip based on the Jeep people's trip notes I have found online.

G

GulfCoast

Oct 8, 2013
Google Colorado Rugged Rack for some (pricey) ideas.

fishin2Dmax

fishin2Dmax

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2013
Utah
Curt Manufacturing ( model # 31006 ) makes a low cost spare mount that uses the 2" receiver hitch. My only concern with the receiver hitch mount is the extra length extending behind the hitch could hang up on rocks as the rear axles / wheels drop off a ledge. I've done a few Moab ( slick rock) trails in a Rzr and Jeep. Depending on the trail level of difficulty, you'll for sure want a spare! Some of the more extreme (expert) trails in Moab I don't recommend for a stock Pioneer, unless you have a winch, 12" or more of clearance, bead protectors or bead lock rims and 6 or 8 ply tires. Moab is one of the most scenic places on Earth and awesome to explore. Just be sure you have a good trail map and know the level of difficulty you can handle before taking the trail. There are many different trails for all levels of expertise and equipment. You will love Moab !!!

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
bbdo said:
We are considering just taking the UTV from Grand Junction CO to Moab UT

Definitely seems to be a whole lotta nuthin' between the 2. There is a trail system somewhere near the border...rabbit valley, i think it's called.

Should be lots of fun. We expect many pics and tall tales if you go.

fishin2Dmax said:
Moab is one of the most scenic places on Earth and awesome to explore.
I see you share my opinion of the place.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!