Spare tire mount

R

rellison110

Nov 16, 2013
Dose anyone know of anyone making a spare tire mount yet for the pioneer? I am thinking that a swing away or drop down steel framework at the tailgate, mounted so that about half of the wheel, when mounted will be above the top of the tailgate. Maybe I will break out the welder.

fishin2Dmax

fishin2Dmax

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2013
Utah
The only thing I've come across so far is a spare tire mount that fits into the 2" rear receiver hitch and comes up behind the tailgate. The down side is it extends out too far on the receiver hitch and can hang up on rocks and obstacles. I can't wait for the aftermarket to kick-in on the Pioneer. This unit has so many great possibilities for innovative aftermarket accessories and upgrades.

R

Redrider

Jun 3, 2013
Not sure how/where to mount one without blocking the bed.
I agree. I would not want to add anything to the receiver hitch. Even a few inches could get you stuck.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!