BOX1

P700 Speedometer calibration

C

caverat

Feb 3, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 700-2
So to solve multiple other problems some I caused myself and some just to poor design. I added 30% portals and 14" wheels and 28" tiers to my 700-2 Now I have everything about just right for my style of riding.
The only problem left I would like to solve is the speedometer is now showing 10mph fast. (Yes I knew that would happen no surprise there)
Does anyone on hear have any ideas how to solve this?

Smoking Joe

Smoking Joe

Mar 27, 2021
Alaska
Ownership

1. 700-2
So to solve multiple other problems some I caused myself and some just to poor design. I added 30% portals and 14" wheels and 28" tiers to my 700-2 Now I have everything about just right for my style of riding.
The only problem left I would like to solve is the speedometer is now showing 10mph fast. (Yes I knew that would happen no surprise there)
Does anyone on hear have any ideas how to solve this?
Did you go with super atv portals and what wheels did you buy? My calipers rubbed my wheels and don't want to get new wheels and tires since I just bought them a few months back! Also did you have to swap your calipers? My bleeders were already up so I didn't

Smoking Joe

Smoking Joe

Mar 27, 2021
Alaska
Ownership

1. 700-2
Went for a ride with my portals last weekend and they are BA! I blasted thru mud holes 1ks were getting stuck in! I'd like to think it was my superior driving skills but lift and reduction of the portals probably had more to do with it!🤣

C

caverat

Feb 3, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yes I did get the supper atv portals and love them makes it a whole new machine. I am running STI wheels and carnivore tiers. I did have to swap sides with the calipers.
I cant wait to go out and put it to a real test but that might be awhile swamped in work right now and if I have to cancel princesses vacation AGAIN this year I might be living in that thing. 🤣🤣

Last edited:
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Thank you just ordered it hopefully it works
Although I used a different brand on my dual sport motorcycle (SpeedoDRD), they do work. Guys also use them on the Talon (same different brand).

Reactions: caverat
C

caverat

Feb 3, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Although I used a different brand on my dual sport motorcycle (SpeedoDRD), they do work. Guys also use them on the Talon (same different brand).
great thank you for the info

Reactions: CID
osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
The speedoDRD is probably the one I will use when I do my gear swap. Everybody I talk to seem to think it works the best with the calibration and getting shift points right

Reactions: CID
C

caverat

Feb 3, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 700-2
The speedoDRD is probably the one I will use when I do my gear swap. Everybody I talk to seem to think it works the best with the calibration and getting shift points right
I will have to look into that one as my shift points are totally jacked up

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!