P500 Spider cracked rear crankcase

G

Gottoad

Feb 19, 2022
Utah
Ownership

1. 500
Any one had P500 rear crankcase all spider crack she was leaking a little oil here I thought it could be the o- ring then I cleaned her up and saw this. Wonder ? Honda defective or do I have a problem inside ? Any thoughts? thanks

IMG 20220301 115954845 IMG 20220301 115720316

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Any one had P500 rear crankcase all spider crack she was leaking a little oil here I thought it could be the o- ring then I cleaned her up and saw this. Wonder ? Honda defective or do I have a problem inside ? Any thoughts? thanks

View attachment 321919 View attachment 321920
Thats not necessarily a casting issue. It could be but I would make sure before you do anything drastic.

How old is the P5?

G

Gottoad

Feb 19, 2022
Utah
Ownership

1. 500
Thats not necessarily a casting issue. It could be but I would make sure before you do anything drastic.

How old is the P5?
It's a 15 with 3900 miles it doesn't appear to leak much I am going to change the o ring then check it again it had oily dust all around the whole housing before cleaning. Love to know if anyone else looks like that?

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
It's a 15 with 3900 miles it doesn't appear to leak much I am going to change the o ring then check it again it had oily dust all around the whole housing before cleaning. Love to know if anyone else looks like that?
Make sure it good and clean then spray the area with spray deodorant, it will show you where the leak starts.

H

HondaTech

Everytime i pull on of thsoe triangle covers off theres oil that runs out.

The bolt for the stator doesn't seal into anything.The o-ring is just keeping dirt and water out of the rear of the engine.

Reactions: Buggyman

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!