Spike Powersports Lower Doors

Bamaprof

Bamaprof

Mar 12, 2018
Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
2022 Talon 1000-4 after sounds, roof, wheels/tires, the most needed modification are lower door inserts. I made the mistake of buying Spikes Powersports tinted (part number 55-2840). The drilling and install was pretty simple. However the provided rubber seal is worse than useless. I wasted 3 hours trying to get the *%%*# things to attach. Don’t waste your money on these doors inserts. ANY other option would be better.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Got any pics of this sh!t show?
would be nice to see if there is another solution people may have to fix it that already have them And are stuck with them

Bamaprof

Bamaprof

Mar 12, 2018
Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ll post some pictures. I simply removed the rear seals and the inserts fit better & look better. More dirt water etc can enter but much improved!

Reactions: Remington
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
With the 10,000 other holes in the passenger compartment and the fact that the entire top of the door doesn't seal at all, gaskets on the lowers seems 99.99999% useless.

Reactions: toddvdh
Bamaprof

Bamaprof

Mar 12, 2018
Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good point. They fit excellent without gaskets and don’t vibrate that I can notice. Lesson learned: don’t waste much time on door gaskets!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!