Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The @SuperATV ones are nice. Beat the $hit out if them the last few years. So far so good!
08AFB737 FC2C 490C AC1F 0A27B7528694

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I run L&W front and rear. They have been tough but installed my second set of bushings in the rear radius rods. I just installed AJK Radius rods and they are very nice and seem to have much better bushings.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I'm considering designing my own radius rods now. I've located a source for rod ends. First ones may be straight but with thick wall DOM tube. I'll look into this and see. The good thing is my local shop now has a tubing bender so whatever I can dream up, they can make! That would come later with a high clearance design. A-arms are a little more complicated so not sure if I want to even touch that at this time. But it will be fermenting in the back of my mind.

I like the beam shape of the SuperATV rods.

S

ScottJ24

Lifetime Member
Nov 30, 2020
Cresson, TX
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
DragonFire makes some nice Radius Rods out of 1.25 DOM. I am putting a set of them on my car. We'll see how well they work.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I put SATV rad rods on mine (same as Remi's), for the front I went with L&W.

Reactions: Smitty335
gparks

gparks

Aug 10, 2020
Asheville NC
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
I run L&W front and rear. They have been tough but installed my second set of bushings in the rear radius rods. I just installed AJK Radius rods and they are very nice and seem to have much better bushings.
How long did the first set last? I just installed them on my talonx-4 was wondering if I should buy a spare set.

Reactions: Smitty335
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Since I am a retailer, I had a set of lower radius rods built to my dimensions and specs to see how they work and if I want to sell them on the website. These are for my Talon X2 model.

They look excellent and I'm hoping to install over the Thanksgiving holiday. Built from 1-1/2" OD 7075 aluminum with chromoly heim joints.

Radius rods
Radius rods ends

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Do yourself a favor and use 5/8 heims at all 4 locations and use bushings to reduce the hole to fit the stock bolts. I used to kill 1/2 heims in my Raceco radius rods in two races before moving up to the 5/8 Raceco setup that has been trouble free ever since. Also, name brand Teflon lined heims are what you need to use. The China "heat treated cromo" heims most off road vendors sell are junk and will loosen up in a few rides. They are no better than tractor link heims

Reactions: ToddACimer
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Do yourself a favor and use 5/8 heims at all 4 locations and use bushings to reduce the hole to fit the stock bolts. I used to kill 1/2 heims in my Raceco radius rods in two races before moving up to the 5/8 Raceco setup that has been trouble free ever since. Also, name brand Teflon lined heims are what you need to use. The China "heat treated cromo" heims most off road vendors sell are junk and will loosen up in a few rides. They are no better than tractor link heims
Noted Slowpoke.
I think these are 3/4" heims but will have to look back at what I sent the builder.

I made an error and did not realize the outer side was a larger diameter shoulder bolt. Tried to install these yesterday and it was a no go only because of that. Contacted the builder and they are working on correcting this for me.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Noted Slowpoke.
I think these are 3/4" heims but will have to look back at what I sent the builder.

I made an error and did not realize the outer side was a larger diameter shoulder bolt. Tried to install these yesterday and it was a no go only because of that. Contacted the builder and they are working on correcting this for me.

I messed up the sizes, you are correct. The small heims are 5/8 and the big ones are 3/4. Use 3/4 all the way around with reducer bushings on the frame side.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!