DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
So I've be.en sitting here for the last 45 minutes trying to get my spot X to actually work. My wife is apparently been getting my messages, but i haven't been getting them from her. This is like the 15th time this has happened. Reboot, update firm ware, stick your thumb in your ass... None of it seems to matter really.

So if you'd like some insight on the brilliance of spot devices, let me talk to you about the spot app for Android phones. This is designed to let you type messages in more easily than using the BlackBerry style keyboard on the spot X. Mind you, even spot Fanboys admit this app is pure s***.

But, what's the first thing that a device designed to allow you to reach people without cell service would do?
It Attempts to connect to the internet via your phone, of course, so you're forced to waste 2 minutes sitting there watching a little graphic spin? Is there any where in the deepest depths of retarded f****** hell this makes sense? Yet, here you go. Of course, the one useful thing that this might provide, which is updating the firmware on the glitch brick, can't be done.

That's just a little insight on the people that bring you this device. I've had it... I don't know, a couple years now. And it's very best day it was a slow and glitchy device that I sort of equate to Windows me; most of the time it works, lots of times it doesn't. As it has aged, it's gotten to the point where it needs constant rebooting and even being returned to factory status and starting over. And keep in mind this is a device that you're trusting with your life.

I don't know how the Garmin works, but take my advice and avoid this piece of s*** and pay the money for the Garmin. The Peace of mind alone is probably worth it.

TOGR

TOGR

Apr 5, 2022
NW Montana
Ownership

1. Talon R LV
I purchased my InReach 7 or 8 years ago, back when they were still Delorme. It has worked great, but using something other than a preset message ("I am here" or "I am okay" or "I am broken down and trying to fix" etc.) is kind of a pain to type unless you pair it with your phone's keypad.

Last year the battery went bad. Garmin, who took the product over, said they could not help me because it was out of warranty and I had to buy a new one. I found a battery replacement on eBay and was up and going for about $20.

So far, no glitches, no reboots, no problems and has worked flawlessly. You even have several service options, including being able to only pay for months you plan to use it. I think this option, with limited messages (but unlimited preset messages), is about $15/month, and if you do go over the 10 typed text limit it is not much of an extra.

J80

J80

Lifetime Member
Dec 29, 2018
WNC
So I've be.en sitting here for the last 45 minutes trying to get my spot X to actually work. My wife is apparently been getting my messages, but i haven't been getting them from her. This is like the 15th time this has happened. Reboot, update firm ware, stick your thumb in your ass... None of it seems to matter really.

So if you'd like some insight on the brilliance of spot devices, let me talk to you about the spot app for Android phones. This is designed to let you type messages in more easily than using the BlackBerry style keyboard on the spot X. Mind you, even spot Fanboys admit this app is pure s***.

But, what's the first thing that a device designed to allow you to reach people without cell service would do?
It Attempts to connect to the internet via your phone, of course, so you're forced to waste 2 minutes sitting there watching a little graphic spin? Is there any where in the deepest depths of retarded f****** hell this makes sense? Yet, here you go. Of course, the one useful thing that this might provide, which is updating the firmware on the glitch brick, can't be done.

That's just a little insight on the people that bring you this device. I've had it... I don't know, a couple years now. And it's very best day it was a slow and glitchy device that I sort of equate to Windows me; most of the time it works, lots of times it doesn't. As it has aged, it's gotten to the point where it needs constant rebooting and even being returned to factory status and starting over. And keep in mind this is a device that you're trusting with your life.

I don't know how the Garmin works, but take my advice and avoid this piece of s*** and pay the money for the Garmin. The Peace of mind alone is probably worth it.
I don’t know if ya tried this or not but @JenElio swears by it. He said to tape the phone to ya ear and stick 2 fingers up ya butt and hold the other hand up in the air and point 3 fingers towards the North Star. Sounds kinda weird and kinky but it might work. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣nomo

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Appreciate the feedback. Sounds like a product to avoid.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I don’t know if ya tried this or not but @JenElio swears by it. He said to tape the phone to ya ear and stick 2 fingers up ya butt and hold the other hand up in the air and point 3 fingers towards the North Star. Sounds kinda weird and kinky but it might work. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣nomo
🤦‍♂️ I was just kidding when I told you that, didn't think you'd actually try it much less find new joys in life from it......

NoMo!!!

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
🤔........soooo how much is this electronic cunt? I assume it's water proof?.......
Like $150 last I checked. The subscription plan is the really the investment. Doubt it's "water proof", but certainly it's water resistant. Never been wet to know...
@picklebeater you ever have these issues?

@Weasel_master how about you?
What about @Cock_Holster?

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yeah I tried it 21 times. Didn't help. The Spot X, I mean.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
The cunt is still stinking.

My SPOT...or as I now refer to it...S.H.I.T, seems like it decided to work today. There is a blurb on s***s website about 5G interference with recieving messages, so Im experimenting with airplane mode and playing with which service I have as it pertains to if the messages come through. Seems like it could be an issue with the 5G world we live in...

Yesterday I spent 1 hour text chatting with s*** customer service. I forgot my password, and after numerous attempts to reset the password via email, I probably got locked out of the account. s***s website will not send the reset password email no matter how many times you try. It will only send username password, so I know they have the right email address. So yesterday we finally got my password reset, so I could go in and check and make sure my firmware was updated (it is).
A few minutes ago I, realized that I neglected to update my new phone number in the account, so I attempted to log in again using my known good password and known good username. And the site does the same goddamn f****** s*** it was doing before; incorrect username or password. Won't send reset password email. Won't do s***.

I attempted to use the s*** x app to try and get in and do it that way, but it won't even connect today after multiple tries, and uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Even among s*** fanboys, the s*** x app is notoriously s*****, so this shouldn't be a surprise.

All in all, I must conclude that s*** seems highly skilled and developing s***, and little else. As I said before do not buy this piece of s***. Save your life my ass...

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!