BOX1

Squeaky door

PhilCod

PhilCod

Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X
On the last couple of rides I noticed my passenger door squeaks often. Not all the time, but when it does, I'm ready to take it off and strap it to the roof! I know it's the door, because when I reach over and hold onto it, it's quiet. I do have a rubber spacer on the stock rubber bumper. Got the info from Terry Hatfield for that. Now that my planned rides for the year are over, I plan on addressing the door issue. Anyone else have this issue? Solutions? I'm sure I can figure it out, but I'd like input from folks that may have had the same issue.
Thanks!

Reactions: Blownzuki and TxDoc
TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not sure on Talon.

Pioneer has a double stage catching mechanism. If I just push lightly till it clicks once, it will result in a rattle. If pressed a little more, it'll catch tightly.

Yours may be different. See what others say.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

sspeederr

sspeederr

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2020
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I second TxDoc after my last ride the wife's door was rattling and squeaking I checked the bumpstop it was where it needed to be and then I opened and shut the door issue resolved the next stop and pull out doing the same thing was happening so in short the door wasn't being shut on the second catch

Reactions: TxDoc
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I second TxDoc after my last ride the wife's door was rattling and squeaking I checked the bumpstop it was where it needed to be and then I opened and shut the door issue resolved the next stop and pull out doing the same thing was happening so in short the door wasn't being shut on the second catch
HA!

D

donia

Sep 25, 2020
Miss’ippi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve seen a couple of guys at hunting camp wrap a couple/few wraps of electric tape around the catch bar to solve it. Seems like it will be a sticky mess once summer temps hit 95+, though.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I’ve seen a couple of guys at hunting camp wrap a couple/few wraps of electric tape around the catch bar to solve it. Seems like it will be a sticky mess once summer temps hit 95+, though.
Naw!

PhilCod

PhilCod

Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X
Thanks for the input. I have the bump stop cranked all the way out with the extra bumper on it. I'll try cranking it in and see if it closes tighter.

Reactions: TxDoc and sspeederr
D

donia

Sep 25, 2020
Miss’ippi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I haven't seen it on the door latch bar, but have seen smaller diameter rubber spray hose (split lengthwise) put on the bed latch bar to reduce bed rattling/squeaking. When I have a load in my bed it squeaks badly, so that'll be my next diy "fix" on my still new, still expensive machine. My wife just doesn't understand "outfitting" a machine...she thinks it should already have all that on it for what it cost!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!