P1000 SSV works update review and install issues

I

ike775

May 20, 2020
yerington nevada
Ownership

1. 700-4
I installed the two front speakers and two rear cage speakers on my new 1000-5 trail. Used OEM accessory fuse panel, and Honda aux switch for key off power from Honda sxs paired with 2nd battery set up. Install was okay everything looks nice and clean under the hood. The 4 speakers sounded like crap I was not happy. On my p 700 I had the mtx mud with 2 rear speakers which sounded way better than the SSV. I called SSV told them the speakers suck and to order the kickers. They said the speakers are under powered. So I and purchased the kicker 300 w 4 Chanel amp SSV suggested. They included all the plug and play wires. SSV said they would tune the amp before sending. It made the sound way better if I were going to do it again I’d go with kicker speakers and the kicker amp in the kit. The sound is good but I’d like a little more. Wondering if a larger amp and the kickers would be better.

I Wired the power for the “brain” to pigtails from Honda sxs and the remote I spliced into the external amp pig tail from the “brain”.

I mounted the amp on a cross bar just the other side of the stick guards, finding a place and how to mount the amp was the hardest part of the install. I put wide weather striping on the back of the amp for some protection from the cross bar.
First time using the but connectors with the solder in the middle they seemed to work well.will be using them again if these hold up.

A little info to give back which is nothing compared to all the info you all have provided me with the p700 build and now the p 1000

Last edited:
Reactions: Buggyman and TxDoc
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I installed the two front speakers and two rear cage speakers on my new 1000-5 trail. Used OEM accessory fuse panel, and Honda aux switch for key off power from Honda sxs paired with 2nd battery set up. Install was okay everything looks nice and clean under the hood. The 4 speakers sounded like crap I was not happy. On my p 700 I had the mtx mud with 2 rear speakers which sounded way better than the SSV. I called SSV told them the speakers suck and to order the kickers. They said the speakers are under powered. So I and purchased the kicker 300 w 4 Chanel amp SSV suggested. They included all the plug and play wires. SSV said they would tune the amp before sending. It made the sound way better if I were going to do it again I’d go with kicker speakers and the kicker amp in the kit. The sound is good but I’d like a little more. Wondering if a larger amp and the kickers would be better.

I Wired the power for the “brain” to pigtails from Honda sxs and the remote I spliced into the external amp pig tail from the “brain”.

I mounted the amp on a cross bar just the other side of the stick guards, finding a place and how to mount the amp was the hardest part of the install. I put wide weather striping on the back of the amp for some protection from the cross bar.
First time using the but connectors with the solder in the middle they seemed to work well.will be using them again if these hold up.

A little info to give back which is nothing compared to all the info you all have provided me with the p700 build and now the p 1000
A stereo only sounds as good as the speakers and speakers only sound as good as the power you're giving them. Regardless of preferred brand, match the RMS power rating of the amp to the speakers for best results. Those speakers will never produce much bass without distorting. Tune to make the mids and highs sound as flawless as possible, then add a cheap sub. 🤘