P1000m5 Tusk fender flares issues - Anyone run them 2022+

A

ADVBUM

Dec 10, 2023
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I purchase the Tusk front fender flares for my 2022 p1000-5. They do not match up to the fender. Sent pictures to Rocky Mountain and they said they would flex and match up. These are very rigid fenders and that is what I liked. I dont believe they will flex and mold to the bumper and have the plastic pins hold them. Maybe if you put them in the oven and heated them? Anyone have any experience with these before I have to pay to return them ( which sucks!). You can see in the photos how far off the fender is off from one side to the other when lined up on one or the other side.

20240105 1039321

20240105 1038491

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thats why I bought the OEM’s years ago.
Matched up nicely.

Id try using a propane turbo torch and go up and down to evenly spreqd the hear but not too much. Dont fuc them up just in case u need to return them.
Or just take your losses and lesson learned, return them and spend a littl bit more and get the OEM’s there a bit thicker than those as well

RoyLee89

RoyLee89

Dec 31, 2019
Staunton Va, & Okeechobee, FL.
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X4

4. Big Red
Heat gun, Or wait until its the summer time and they will flex just fine.
I dont have these but i did put the mud busters on last winter with the same problems of them not wanting to Flex. I got two of my heat guns out and a 1 elc 1500w & 1 Propane heaters to heat the area that needed to be flexed. I'm not sure i would want to put them in the oven. but if its a old oven that you dont use. Not sure how low yours will go my lowest setting is 250 on my old Elct Oven.

Last edited:
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I purchase the Tusk front fender flares for my 2022 p1000-5. They do not match up to the fender. Sent pictures to Rocky Mountain and they said they would flex and match up. These are very rigid fenders and that is what I liked. I dont believe they will flex and mold to the bumper and have the plastic pins hold them. Maybe if you put them in the oven and heated them? Anyone have any experience with these before I have to pay to return them ( which sucks!). You can see in the photos how far off the fender is off from one side to the other when lined up on one or the other side.

View attachment 414149

View attachment 414151
Heat gun is your friend!

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm clearly not as brave as @Remington. A propane torch can easily apply way too much heat very fast. You don't want just surface heat, you need to heat the plastic through, but gently and take some time. A no-flame heat gun and maybe pre-heat with a space heater is a good place to start. Keep the heat under 175 F and you should be okay. There's not a large range that's safe, as it's glass transition temperature is just 221 F. The caveat is any damage might make it non-returnable.

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pretty much what these guys all said, heat is the key.
Would definitely use a heat gun and space heater and not a torch… only reason for no torch is I’m a dumbass and will either mess up the flare to the point I can’t return it or use it.
Set the buggy on fire.
Set the shop on fire…
Or D… all of the above.
I did the mud busters on my P1K 5 and had to do a little creative cussing but they went on.
I was skeptical about them at first thinking I’ll have them ripped off in no time.
2 1/2 years later they’re still on.
I’ve drug them across rocks, trees, banks ect… still there, I think flex is a good thing if trail riding.
Good luck with that, don’t forget to post pics when you get it figured out.

Reactions: EMAW and Remington
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I'm clearly not as brave as @Remington. A propane torch can easily apply way too much heat very fast. You don't want just surface heat, you need to heat the plastic through, but gently and take some time. A no-flame heat gun and maybe pre-heat with a space heater is a good place to start. Keep the heat under 175 F and you should be okay. There's not a large range that's safe, as it's glass transition temperature is just 221 F. The caveat is any damage might make it non-returnable.
I was thinking of using it like when I solder pipe. You can adjust the heat of the flame by using the dial on the torch to next to nothing. But a heat gun would work as well. My biggest concern either way is fucing it up too much and your stuck with it. After buying something new with hard earned $$ and it wont fit, last thing i want to do is modify it! Thats BS it came that way!
Id still take my losses and return it and by OEM problem solved

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!