BRed Starter problems

B

Bobbi

Feb 12, 2016
Wv
I put a new starter on my Honda big red Utv side x side and when you turn the key starter just spins . It does not turn motor over at all. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong .

bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
either the starter drive isnt actuating or the flywheel teeth are stripped off where the starter drive is sitting try turning the motor to a different spot and see if it cranks it if it does the same thing then the starter is faulty

D

Deleted member 3748

I put a new starter on my Honda big red Utv side x side and when you turn the key starter just spins . It does not turn motor over at all. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong .
I've never had to replace a starter on an ATV or SxS, but I've changed plenty in cars, tractors, motorcycles... Sometimes this can happen if the battery isn't fully charged. Enough juice to spin it, but not enough to engage. I've also seen bad solenoids cause this problem. The cheapest test right now is to charge your battery.

D

Deleted member 3748

either the starter drive isnt actuating or the flywheel teeth are stripped off where the starter drive is sitting try turning the motor to a different spot and see if it cranks it if it does the same thing then the starter is faulty
or do the stuff bigc said. :)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!