State parks and sxs?

P

PalmettoFarmer

Aug 3, 2020
Providence, SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The wife and I like to camp, and state parks are usually easy for us for quick trips. I know you can ride your golf cart around the campground, but atvs are not allowed. Have any of y'all ridden your honda around? Park rangers say anything? I guess I'm asking more so about South Carolina and surrounding states, not out west where the can be street legal

BrophyCreek

BrophyCreek

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 8, 2016
New Richmond, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Up here, State Parks are a no-no for sxs's. State Forests on the other hand are another story. Tons of "unimproved roads", think "a road was here 30 years ago." Can make camp anywhere. Take out what you take in. Basically, be respectful and do what you want.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

BrophyCreek

BrophyCreek

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 8, 2016
New Richmond, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Up here, State Parks are a no-no for sxs's. State Forests on the other hand are another story. Tons of "unimproved roads", think "a road was here 30 years ago." Can make camp anywhere. Take out what you take in. Basically, be respectful and do what you want.

Sorry, when I said up here: NW Wisconsin

Reactions: CID
BHarris8753

BHarris8753

Jan 18, 2020
Robbins, NC
Ownership

1. 700-2
In the uwharrie forest in NC, ATVs nor SXS can be on the main dirt roads, but there are a ton of camping spots throughout the trail system, a lot are very close to parking lots

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!