Stock r springs

D

Dankathy

May 4, 2020
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Got my new springs and valving done at weller racing, now i have a full set of factory "r" springs left over. If i put them on ebay, what are they worth? Can't say enough about weller, i believe they are a very professional operation. Waiting on one more set of wheels and we get to go ride!

SpeedBuggy

SpeedBuggy

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Not sure. After taking the car out on my new springs the stock ones seemed worthless...🤣 Have them boxed up in my shed along with everything else I’ve swapped out for the new owner when Honda finally makes an RR.

Reactions: IDIOT and Smitty335
D

Dankathy

May 4, 2020
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Not sure. After taking the car out on my new springs the stock ones seemed worthless...🤣 Have them boxed up in my shed along with everything else I’ve swapped out for the new owner when Honda finally makes an RR.
Agreed. Don't see a market on a talon, but if someone was building a rock buggy or something else i know nothing about they may be useful

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Hiya, Dan. How did you resolve the engine damage issue, new Talon? I'm about to head for the desert, I'll call Weller as soon as I have cemented my departure, within the week I'm hopin'.

Reactions: Smitty335 and 906UP
D

Dankathy

May 4, 2020
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Hiya, Dan. How did you resolve the engine damage issue, new Talon? I'm about to head for the desert, I'll call Weller as soon as I have cemented my departure, within the week I'm hopin'.
Old ones gone, new ones here and almost all rigged up, no miles yet! My experience with Weller was all good, i expect you will see the same. Dont know your travel plans, but if you get up st georgeish way and have a desire to see sights other than sand hollow let me know

Reactions: CID and Smitty335
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Old ones gone, new ones here and almost all rigged up, no miles yet! My experience with Weller was all good, i expect you will see the same. Dont know your travel plans, but if you get up st georgeish way and have a desire to see sights other than sand hollow let me know
Congrats on making this work for you. 👍👍 Like mine being stolen, you have to get on with your life.

While I enjoyed the Sand Hollow rally (A LOT, thanks to Lil_Steve) and my introduction to SxSs, I prefer smaller groups and much more remoteness. I hope to take you up on your offer before the heat gets there but I'm getting hung up here with a series of must do's before I can escape. Since I can't plan lunch, my life is spontaneous, scheduling isn't something I'm capable of. :oops: My point - I'll PM you if I can beat the heat. It would be cool to have them side by side to compare stock vs Weller --> assuming you got another standard R and not a Live Valve.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lil_Steve
D

Dankathy

May 4, 2020
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Groups don't get much smaller than two machine's and the lower 48 does not get any more remote than this. When it starts to get hot ( middle of june or so) we take the jeep or the talon and are mostly gone until the end of October or so. Yes on the standard r for all the same reasons you pointed out

Reactions: CID and Lil_Steve

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!