P1000 Stock tire replacements

Revtech100

Revtech100

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2016
Anchorage, AK
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I want to replace stock tires with a beefier tougher tire. I can't go taller because it won't fit in my toy hauler. Size is front 27x9-12. Rear us 27x11-12. Both 6 ply. Any suggestions?

Reactions: scott
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
ITP black water EVOs is offered in the same size. They are 8 ply and really tough.

If you don't need a tire that aggressive, you can look into the roctanes which are also 8 ply.

I've heard good things about the Bear Claws but I've not tried them. I know @scott uses them and he drives like a mad man and they hold up.

Another tire that I like is the Rockabilly from Sedona. Again, 8ply and less aggressive. Not sure if they are offered in 27" though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
One thing to keep in mind is that the stock tires may be only 26" tall so measure them and let us know their true height. EVOs are true to advertised height in the 27" and 28" versions.

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
Yea I really like the bear claw HTR. They're true to size also. Haven't had a single flat or low tire yet. They're not nearly as high priced as other 8 ply tires and just as good.

Reactions: joeymt33
scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
ITP black water EVOs is offered in the same size. They are 8 ply and really tough.

If you don't need a tire that aggressive, you can look into the roctanes which are also 8 ply.

I've heard good things about the Bear Claws but I've not tried them. I know @scott uses them and he drives like a mad man and they hold up.

Another tire that I like is the Rockabilly from Sedona. Again, 8ply and less aggressive. Not sure if they are offered in 27" though.

Rockabilly comes in 28"-14's 30"-14's

Reactions: DGann

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!